Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other people’s product successes, so I thought I’d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesn’t want to hear that once in a while 😁

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

Sadly, it's not carried at Sephora, but I just discovered the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Body Oil and I am in love!  It goes on smoothly, absorbs quickly, and hydrates AMAZINGLY well.  I had no idea it was even a thing, but stumbled upon it on a K beauty site & since it was on sale I grabbed it.  That was one of the best decisions I have ever made and I am already planning another order so I can grab a back up.  If you have dry skin I highly recommend it!

54B9C91E-024F-4F1F-AB36-5BB39D84190D.jpeg

I’ve been using the Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence for over a month and honestly, this is one of the best and most hydrating skincare products I’ve ever tried. It is seriously amazing. If you have dry skin, please give this a try. I bought it for really cheap at Ulta during the holidays and accidentally bought two. After trying it, I’m so happy that I did! Seriously awesome. Sadly, Ulta doesn’t carry it anymore but some K-beauty sites do. Definitely will repurchase.

I know this product is not super new but I’ve recently gotten back into the idea of liquid liner. I’m still working and playing with my Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Smudge-Proof Gel Eyeliner Black Ink (I’ve taken to using it with my Morphe 433 flat lining brush even though it’s not for that, I love how Dense it is). ANYWAYS I couldn’t resist the SEPHORA FAVORITES - Superstars (I mean, a full sized Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Afternoon Snack/Mo' Hunny ... It was a no brainer), and have absolutely fallen in love with the Benefit Cosmetics Roller Liner Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Black! It’s easy to use, has great staying power, doesn’t smudge and the pigmentation is beautiful. I had given up on liquid liner for a bit when my KVD tattoo liners kept drying out super quickly, but I’m so happy to have discovered the benefit!

Hi @cianni ,

The Bobbi Brown is a classic product that just works so well! I also love the Killawatt highlighters! I definitley need to try the new Benefit Liner. Looks really good! Thanks for the suggestions! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

2 of the best things ; and there are many!) I have discovered are STACKEDSKINCARE - Dermaplaning Tool

and like others Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4 - Medium

I saw a video by Wayne Goss about the deplaning tool but the price scared me not to mention the actual process. I found a deal for 50 percent on the brand website and took the plunge. I really can’t believe the difference it made in my skin. Getting rid of all the peach fuzz and dead skin my face has been so smooth and my skin care works so much better. I tried the cheap plastic ones 1st and all I got was a couple nicks and razor burn. No thanks! This is the best investment I have made other than my Dyson hair dryer all year!

The Charlotte Tilbury like others have said is that magical glow under foundation that doesn’t look like harsh or glittery, just you but better.

I'd hardly call this a discovery, as everyone and their brother knows about it, but I finally purchased the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Match Stix Matte Contour Skinstick Amber in Amber and it's a game-changer! I love that it buffs out so easily for a natural everyday look, but can also be high-impact. Wish I'd tried it sooner!

Hi @tastelikewater ,

I have been meaning to purchase this! I heard it is so good! I will definitely be buying it now! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I've actually got 2 HG status discoveries from the last 6 months.

1. FARSÁLI - Liquid Glass Radiance Serum- I first picked this up mainly for two reasons. One being that it was new and I was intrigued by the whole "glass skin" claim and two it launched right before the spring sale so I loved the idea of saving some money on the purchase. At first I used it as a standard primer and thought it was good at prolonging my makeup looks but it wasn't helping with my pesky pores on my nose. I then experimented and used it on top of my moisturizer and then topped it off with a pore filling primer on my t-zone and that is when I discovered my HG concoction. I have been using this combo ever since and can attest to it helping with making my complexion look flawless, helps keep my face looking fresh NOT oily even after 15+ hours of it being on my face and helps tone down the oil on my t-zone. For all my combo to oily skin readers out there, I highly suggest you try this combo and see if it changes your life the way it did mine 🙂

2. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4 - Medium- Not going to lie, I really did think this was a gimmick when I first heard about it. I thought it was just another overpriced liquid highlight advertised as a multi-use product. I can now admit, I was wrong (womp womp). This has been another game changer in my daily makeup routine. As with the Farsali oil, I had to find the best way this product could work for me. In order to get that dewy glow I desire despite the fact that I use mainly matte foundations, I like to use this on top of my pore-filling primer but only on the high points of my cheeks. I then put my foundation on top and when it is blended all together, it leaves me with a subtle but radiant glow that never looks greasy. 

@gonerogue ,

I keep hearing so many good things about the Charlotte Tilbury Foundation! Now I really want to try it! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@gonerogue - Omg, I was the exact same in regards to the CT Flawless Filter. Totally thought it was an over-priced gimmick until you actually play around w/ it. It's totally changed the way I do my base. I have drier skin, so I can get away w/ using this sparingly all-over w/o looking like the tin man on no-makeup days. Otherwise I usually use it like you do, under foundation. It gives such a natural luminosity to the skin w/o a hint of glitter.

Also btw...HELLO!! How have you been? Hope you had a blast at Sephoria 🙂

@gymgirl2  right?! It's the perfect gift for people who say they want to glow but don't like to use highlight. It's making me considering buying it as a xmas gift to my coworkers this year 🙂 And HELLO! I've been great! Sephoria with the gals this year was a BLAST. How have you been?! Can we try to connect one day and have a Sephora date in the city?! It would be lovely to see you again!

@gonerogue - Yesss, let's do it especially w/ all the holiday goodies coming out! 

Okay guys. I have one!!!! Sadly I did not purchase at Sephora, I’m usually very good at keep all my products Sephora related - this one I’m just completely obsessed with. 

I go through beauty blenders and morphe sponges like crazy. I was them daily because I just can’t NOT and they get micro tears easily and fall apart. I watch Tati a lot on YouTube, she’s the only beauty person I watch and a few months ago she used this weird sponge called “StansOut” Beauty Sponge. 

This thing is made out of, I really don’t know? But when you squish it the entire sponge squishes right up. You can use it wet or dry and because of its shape I literally use it for all my face products (foundation, concealer, contour, powder, liquid highlight) and the best part is it washes completely clean!!!! I’m in 💕

F7BEDF14-E5D7-42F1-822A-6C5B31F115A5.jpeg

@GG84  Oh, great find! I love Tati but don't think I've seen that video. Where would one acquire such a unique beauty sponge like that? 🙂

@gonerogue 

Tati recently has been using it in her videos last week and she got a bunch of them in her recent PR unboxing. 

I ordered from Amazon but the StansOut site has free shipping in the US. I ordered one for all my girlfriends for Xmas, I love it that much. 

@GG84  If you vouch for it, I will have to test it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I love love love the Hourglass vanish seamless foundation stick! It gives an airbrushed finish and looks flawless! I'm so impressed. it looks a tad dry for the first 10 minutes or so but it finishes nice and dewy. It's not cakey of heavy and blends out beautifully. I apply a few strokes to the face and buff it out with a sephora foundation brush. Perfection! I love it paired with the hourglass mineral veil power. It sets the foundation perfectly. A match made in heaven!!

@Stephanieh1980 Have you tried the Hourglass Vanish™ Flash Highlighting Stick Champagne Flash? It’s absolutely to die for! It’s dewy and glowy and beaming 😍 I haven’t tried it with the other hourglass complexion products but it does work nicely with other brands, so I would imagine it works even more beautifully with other products from the same line

This is not a product from Sephora. But, I was watching Jaclyn Hill's new video and she spoke about a new concealer she loved, and if you've been watching her for years like me, she never sways from her favorites which are the best. It's Morphe's Fluidity Full Coverage Concealer. And it's 9 DOLLARS!! I'm dying to try it. I feel like I'm cheating on Sephora, but hey.

@Breanna2015 That sounds amazing! I need to try it!

Best,
Rebecca

452 Replies
testing