Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best Matte Lip & best scent?

Ladies what’s the best matte lip? And what’s your favorite perfume? I really like Chloe but I want some ideas!

RE: Best Matte Lip & best scent?

My favourite matte lipsticks are Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain, Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks, Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Lipsticks, and Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipsticks. My favourite perfumes are Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Alien by Mugler, Love Story by Chloe, and J’adore by Dior.

Re: Best Matte Lip & best scent?

I must own 15 different matte lipsticks brands.

My two favorite liquids are NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment American Woman(this stays and stays, doesn't flake, isn't too thick -- I got married in this lipstick with out reapplying once for 16 hours). Yves Saint Laurent Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain 101 Chrome Red Clashhas a different texture from the rest of the liquid matte crowd. It goes on very liquidy and you have to be careful for the minute that it's drying, but then you can't even feel it on your lips, and it's set, and it has a slightly more natural look. Honorable mention to Smashbox always on. And not to cause hostility, but KVD and the Anastasia liquid mattes are not the best. They are difficult to get a full, opaque layer, and they will start to flake off of your lips as they day wears on. 

For bullet lipsticks, DIOR - Rouge Dior Lipstickin one of the matte shades, of course, surprised me for how great the wear and color staying power was.  I thought it was selling itself on its name only. Stay FAR AWAY from GIVENCHY - Le Rouge Lipstick small matte collection. Goes on terribly, looks terrible on the lips. KVD Beauty Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick Nobleis better than their liquid counterpart, with good color selection. Smooth application and decent wear.  

For perfume, it's anyone's ball game.  I really like just about anything from the Commodity line, which is unisex and ranges from woodsy and spicy to light and airy.  Tocca makes very, very good florals. Maison Margiela is such a treat for the senses -- "flower market" is so fresh, and has a green earthy scent to it that separates it from being too sweet.  I always get perfume samples on my Sephora orders so I end up with too many to even try. Flowerbomb is, by now, a classic, and the one perfume I have now purchased not twice, but THREE times. Despite its name, it is not actually a floral, it is sweet like cotton candy with a spicy dry down. I'm a little glad it's not brand new anymore and I don't smell it everywhere I go. :). Specific recommendations -- I'm wearing Velvet from commodity this autumn/winter, back to flower market or flowerbomb in the spring. Velvet smells like burnt caramel and amber, with a subtle rose twist. 

Anastasia Mattes!!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Best Matte Lip & best scent?

I would prefer the kvd hard candy studded lipstick! I would recommend the Gucci bamboo scent also!

@ambam1

It really depends on my mood on what I'd consider my *favorite.*  I absolutely LOVE the Jeffree Star range but it's a little harder to get my hands on as a Canadian.  It's more of a wet formula than most of my liquid lips so it dries down a little bit more comfortably.  Some of the shades may end up a little streaky, the lighter ones in particular.  I typically like a more mousey liquid lip, like the Sephora Lip Stains or the Jouer Liquid Lipstick.  

For fragrance, right now I'm wearing Black Opium but I'm drooling over the Kilam Princess scent.  

Hi @ambam1,

I recommend the Anastasia Beverly Hills Smudge-Proof Matte Liquid Lipstick Poetor the SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 70 First Date. I have found both provide great pigment and wear great on the lips. For scents, I am loving the JO MALONE LONDON - Peony & Blush Suede Cologne. It's a light floral that is long-wearing. 

Best,

Rebecca 

@ambam1 Hands down best matte I own (and I do not keep many as I don't really like them) is the Pat McGrath Matte Trance.  It's not dry, very pigmented, wears comfortably and is really just a dream.  I highly recommend them.

@ambam1,

My favorite matte lipsticks right now are the ones by Anastasia! I have a few of the nude/peach shades and I was thinking about pick up the shade Spice as well for fall.

https://www.sephora.com/product/matte-lipstick-P422512?icid2=products%20grid:p422512:product

My favorite fragrance is the Versace Bright Crystal which is a light floral/citrus fragrance.

https://www.sephora.com/product/bright-crystal-P163103?icid2=products%20grid:p163103:product

❤️ Melissa

Best Matte Lip & best scent?

Have you tried the new matte lipstick from mac that just came out... Powder Kiss... It's really nice! I usually don't like matte lipstick because it's so drying but this formula isn't drying at all. Check it out!

@ambam1 my favourite Matte lipstick is the PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Flesh 5, and my favourite long-lasting liquors lipstick is the KAT VON D - Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, although I’m really interested in trying the SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 70 First Datebecause I keep hearing they have a nice formula ☺️ 

My favourite perfume right right now is Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace 3.4 oz/ 100 mL. It’s so cozy, warm, with just the right amount of spice. I also really enjoy Etat Libre Like This, it has warm notes as well but it has floral notes too, and is more lively so it’s quite different from By The Fireplace. 

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing