Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Beauty on a Budget and Worth the Splurge

Hey beauties! I want to hear from you: what are some of your favorite budget friendly makeup products (from Sephora/drugstore/ulta) and why? And then I want to know... what is always worth the splurge for you? I'm curious to hear your babe on a budget faves and those pricey products your just can't live without. 

For me, my budget miracle products include Maybelline Hyper Easy Liquid Eyeliner, and Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer. Those two do the trick so well you can't even tell they're a "cheap" product. Those NYX Lip Lingerie liquid lipsticks are pretty heckin' good too. 

The splurge I'm always willing to fork money over for is the  CLINIQUE - Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator (not a makeup product, but it's my die hard favorite beauty item). Too Faced Born This Way Natural Finish Longwear Liquid Foundation Brulee is a necessary splurge, because I can't find a drugstore foundation that actually matches my complexion. 

Can't wait to hear the products you love the most! 

RE: Beauty on a Budget and Worth the Splurge

i could totally go on a rant all day about all of my fave products from the drugstore but for now i’m gonna stick to a few. here are some of my faves! -the elf blush palette: i love this palette because it’s totally inexpensive and the colour pay off is really good for the price point. for $7 dollars i do believe (these are all going to be in canadian price points btw) you will get some quality blushes for an amazing price. the palette comes with 4 shades that are totally buildable! they also have a light and dark palette so you have options based on your skin tone and colour preference. bang for your buck! -maybelline fit me powder foundation: i first started wearing this powder over my foundation since i was 10 and getting introduced to makeup. it has never done me wrong! it’s very light and not heavy on the face, buildable for extra coverage, pores= gone and it won’t hurt the good ol’ bank account. wearing this product over your moisturizer and primer is like heaven on your face and it will make your makeup look flawless. if you can’t afford to splurge on a high end powder please do yourself a favour and buy this one instead. forgot to mention, the shade range is very good considering it’s powder foundation. i’m certain that you can find your true match in the mix! - maybelline master chrome highlighter: after looking at reviews online, i decided to try this little beauty from walmart to see what the hype is all about. i was not disappointed to say the least. when i first swatched this for the first time, i felt so silky smooth, creamy and buttery. but the PIGMENT. sealed this all together. i own the shade 100 melted gold and i think it easily comparable to BECCA X JACLYN HILL’s champagne pop highlighter but the only difference is that your saving around $30. this highlight retails $9 dollars CAD and i’m in love with it! perfect dupe for any blinding high end highlighter! here’s 3 of my favourite products! i hope this helped! happy shopping 🙂

Re: RE: Beauty on a Budget and Worth the Splurge

oooo! yes! I love those buttery chrome highlighters too! It's actually so nice to see another Canadian 🍁 on here! Whenever I see someone like Tati doing a "full face under 10 bucks" or whatever I feel so left out.. like half the time we don't get those products here and the other half of the time they're significantly overpriced. I'm going to check out your powder recommendation- I'm on the market for a good budget friendly one. Thanks for sharing! ❤ 

RE: Beauty on a Budget and Worth the Splurge

My saves are maybellines fit me powder ! Honestly it works so good, very goo comparison to some of the high brand ones ! I also love the colourless RCMA powder ! (Only 12$ for a huuuuge size !) I also love to save on mascara one of my faves is the L’Oréal feline mascara! (Drys out quick but its cheap) Things I love to splurge on are palettes and brushes ! I feel like they are always worth the extra $! For instance the Norvina pro pigment are sooooo good

Re: RE: Beauty on a Budget and Worth the Splurge

Hey gorgeous! You're the second to recommend that powder, now I'm really curious to try it! I agree that splurging on good shadows and brushes are a wise investment. 

Re: Beauty on a Budget and Worth the Splurge

@CaptainLakie For budget beauty, I love my Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect mascara, and my SEPHORA COLLECTION - 12hr Colorful Contour Eyeliner.

As for splurging, I'm always up for eyeshadow palettes!  Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Primer .18 oz / 5.5 mlmight seem like an excessive price for a lash primer to some, but I gotta have it!  I'm also a sucker for trying Dior lip products, although I've only found one I really like.

Dior lip products... like my fanciest fantasies come true lol! I recommend you check out the essence lash primer! It's made with mango butter or whatever, and I tried it on a whim.... and oh my god is it ever AMAZING! [I'll admit that I'm really lucky when it comes to lashes, mine are really long thick and black so consider this when taking my primer suggestion]. I find that lash primer makes my lashes look like falsies. After that I use that pink and green maybelline mascara that everyone and their grandma uses, and the combo costs about $6 and looks as good (if not better) than my Too Faced Better Than Sex Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara Black 😱😋 

I'm curious what dior lip product you like. I'm looking for a gorgeous red lip stain or liquid lipstick that will last. And by last I mean won't smudge all over my man's face 😇 

@CaptainLakie Those are to of my favorite items as well!

Best,
Rebecca

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing