Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Beauty Ice Breakers

BIC is the place to talk about beauty!  There are lots of fun threads, from mask to makeup (and even photo A Year of Beauty- Photography Challenge ) challenges all the way to pet paradise.  In my early days, I kinda wanted to talk to everyone, but I didn't know what to talk about, I just knew I loved makeup and had found my people.

With threads like Monthly Favorites: December 2023 Edition! or Community Favorite Concealers: Tag your Holy Grails!  , Beauty Pet Peeves 2 I feel the most comfortable when chiming in because I can talk about makeup.  I figured, hey, let's open up some discourse amongst ourselves; a thread with getting to know you questions could be kind of fun.  (And, I still get to talk about makeup.)

photo cred: HelloGigglesphoto cred: HelloGiggles

I'll post a question and a phrase with a blank and change it weekly? periodically. Answer one or both.

Re: Beauty Ice Breakers

A big yes to the winged liner @PrettyPaint ! 👍

@Saradestin  I really can't help but add a wing at this point! 🙂

@PrettyPaint, I just found one in my bag today, so maybe it's 4 for me (as opposed to three) 😂

Winged liner!  Yesssss! I think it's just such a classic look.  It can be a little flick (a la Audrey Hepburn) or big and dramatic (a la Amy Winehouse).

@danielledanielle  I usually aim for a "medium-sized" wing, but if I mess up it sometimes turns into an Amy Winehouse wing via my efforts to fix it. 

Yeahhhh, too true @PrettyPaint , there was a good ipsy meme like that "how it started/how it's going" 😂

New breakers!

What lipstick (s) do you carry in your purse/bag/satchel?

My signature makeup look is _________

My answers:

What lipstick (s) do you carry in your purse/bag/satchel? credit @missjeanie 

A mini pat McGrath Flesh 3, Nars lip oil in Laguna and the third varies, lately it's been Gxve lippies

My signature makeup look is cat eye with drawn on brows 😉

Those a beautiful lippies to carry around @danielledanielle 😍 And I love cat eyes! 

I think I only consistently have a lip balm in my bag, either Kosas Kosasport LipFuel Hyaluronic Acid Lip Balm Rush or Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow 06 Berry

I don't think I have a specific signature makeup look because it depends on the day and my outfit, but I usually go for a classic, minimal look.

Those are so good to keep in your bag @txcatx 

Ahhh, thanks for reminding about Kosas Kosasport LipFuel Hyaluronic Acid Lip Balm Rush , it's one of those things I got hyped for, and then saw it came in a shade, then forgot about it, but I liked the texture.

I always keep with me a tube of Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 Original as of late, but in the past it’s been whichever lip balm is working best for me. Fresh, EOS, Blistex… I’ve used a lot haha. 

My signature makeup look? That’s evolved through the years too, but I tend to fall back on a pretty basic and natural look. Top lashes lined with a brown, maybe a gold/brown over the lids. Bit of bronzer and blush on the cheeks, and a nude/MLBB lip. 

Yes to all the balms, @alexasteph!!

A natural look fits all occasions @alexasteph 👍

@alexasteph , I like the sound of your signature look.  It sounds classic, and natural.  As makeup trends come and go, I guess that's why I wanted to know what signature looks people are about.  The "how you do beauty" aspect is interesting.

@danielledanielle Yeah, I’ve definitely kept up with some of the trends through the years. I was queen of the black rimmed eyes, black shadow, pale skin, pale lip look of the 00’s-10’s hahaha. Then, highlighter city in my mid 20’s. I don’t have time for that now. When I’m running late for work I can’t be bothered with that sort of stuff now. 

@danielledanielle @I always keep one tinted balm in my bag, right now it’s fresh Sugar Lip Balm Hydrating Treatment ! And whatever I’m wearing for the day, most often right now Gucci Sheer Lipstick 506 Louisa Red ! 

Im not sure I have a signature look, but it generally involves a glowy or creamy blush like the MAC Cosmetics Glow Play Blush 

@Kim888 Can I ask if the Fresh balm is the new or old formula? I loved the old formula but haven't tried the new one yet. Curious to know your thoughts on it if you've tried both!

@quspork this is the new one - I just picked it up recently! I did try the previous formula but it's been a while. The old ones seemed more pigmented to me and definitely has a stronger scent. This is just a very light wash of color compared to the old one. If memory serves, this feels a bit less thick on the lips. I think hydration is average, but I don't remember thinking the old one was super great at that either. 

Thanks for the info, @Kim888. I'll have to do some comparison shopping once the old stash is dwindled a bit. 

I would take that Gucci lipstick in my bag as well @Kim888 , even if it was just to look at it, it is so beautiful! 😍

@Kim888 , that Gucci lip is so aesthetically pleasing.  I also carry a revolving door of what I'm wearing/thinking of wearing at the moment.

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • photo cred: HelloGiggles
  • 149014E9-7B59-4AB8-BBDE-054E824CE4FD.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20221108-123507.png
  • IMG_20221017_132313184.jpg
  • AB187498-4683-44B7-ADEF-76AFAA7735B8.jpeg
  • CB5F2B93-6065-46F5-90CF-442EB1BE5790.jpeg
  • 66474782-8AC8-4807-A499-F4DCBA811CC5.jpeg
  • 151FCE85-7C26-42C7-A133-A488EF2322DE.jpeg
  • 52DB9AB2-1CA9-4DFF-B72F-18DADA50CF16.jpeg
  • 567C084B-F17C-437D-9140-D949BC06E72A.jpeg