Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Beauty Ice Breakers

BIC is the place to talk about beauty!  There are lots of fun threads, from mask to makeup (and even photo A Year of Beauty- Photography Challenge ) challenges all the way to pet paradise.  In my early days, I kinda wanted to talk to everyone, but I didn't know what to talk about, I just knew I loved makeup and had found my people.

With threads like Monthly Favorites: December 2023 Edition! or Community Favorite Concealers: Tag your Holy Grails!  , Beauty Pet Peeves 2 I feel the most comfortable when chiming in because I can talk about makeup.  I figured, hey, let's open up some discourse amongst ourselves; a thread with getting to know you questions could be kind of fun.  (And, I still get to talk about makeup.)

photo cred: HelloGigglesphoto cred: HelloGiggles

I'll post a question and a phrase with a blank and change it weekly? periodically. Answer one or both.

Re: Beauty Ice Breakers

@missjeanie 

Yeah, I'm like...I love the idea of some items, but they... They can stay on the wish list.  🤣😂

When I put on mascara, I always feel like one eye looks okay and the other looks not-so-okay. I can't ever get my lashes to have the same amount of fullness. 

I think the most expensive item on my wishlist right now would be this YTTP vault. I sometimes put things on my wishlist with no intentions of purchasing them, but I guess just as a fantasy wish list...haha!

Youth To The People The Youth Vault: 13-Piece Vegan Skincare + Apparel Set 

Wow, that set is pretty amazing @PrettyPaint!

@PrettyPaint 

Oh that's the whole eyebrows are sisters, not twins situation to the next level.

Re: wishlist.  Yeah, it's like collecting a rare item.  Like figurines in happy meals, where I might have multiplies of the common one, but one day... Somehow...I get a different one 🤣

@danielledanielle  Haha. Yeah, that's the perfect analogy. 

I have strange eyelashes @danielledanielle. They are very long and have a tendency to hit the lenses on my eyeglasses. They are light at both the roots and the ends. They also curl in different directions. The best look that I had was when I dyed my eyelashes but unfortunately it caused a medical problem that I am forced to live with, dry eyes. I struggle to get every lash coated in mascara. 
Most expensive item that I have on my wish list is Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare FaceWare Pro Clear + Smooth Kit .

That mask looks so cool @Loretta55 😃

Wish that I could afford that mask @Saradestin .

Likewise @Loretta55 ! 

Those are some serious lash struggles @Loretta55 I'm sorry to hear that. Mascara can be tricky when you have so many different factors to deal with. 

I bought an LED mask last year, but I had to watch so many reviews and read alot before I landed on the one I wanted to invest in.  I almost got this one but ended up getting the DermaBeam Pro. 

I try to get my eyelashes to get in their proper positions when I apply mascara @CynthieLu. I try to wiggle the mascara wand but for some unknown reason a lash always gets missed. Growing up I used to consider cutting my eyelashes because it was so annoying constantly moving my eyeglasses.

@Loretta55, sorry to hear about your struggles.  Mascara is interesting like that, essential for some, and not so much for others.

Yeah, that masks interests me, but the cost and consistency makes me iffy.

I agree about the cost of the mask @danielledanielle but I get lazy with usage.

@Loretta55 @same and then I have to really remind myself how much it was haha 

What a fun idea for a thread, @danielledanielle!

When I put on mascara, I always open my mouth into an O shape. 100% of the time. It's physically impossible for me to apply mascara with my mouth closed. 

What is the most expensive item on my loves list?  Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ FaceWare Pro  ... Not sure when or if that will happen, but it's there in case I really feel like splurging. 

I am on the same boat @quspork , mascara application = making weird faces

All of this @quspork ! You described me with mascara to a T!

Hee hee, @quspork , fish face is a necessary evil.

That mask is like my "will I or won't I" item, too.

When I put on mascara, I always chant “don’t water, don’t water, DON’T WATER” to my eyes. Sometimes out loud, even. It very rarely works. My eyes tend to tear up while I apply any brand’s mascara, even if it doesn’t actually hurt my eyes. I sometimes have the same problem when applying any type of sunscreen around my eyes. It's mostly a pressure sensitivity thing, which is why I need super soft makeup brushes for my eyes. That's my excuse, anyway. 😂 

Most expensive item on my loves list: currently it's #Jo Malone London Oud & Bergamot Cologne Intense 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Spray which I'd use mostly for layering, were I to ever buy a bottle. I need to smell it again to decide whether I still want it, since it's been on my Sephora Loves list for a long time. So long, I forgot it was there. 

That happens to my sister as well @WinglessOne . She cannot apply mascara nor eyeliner without tearing up. 😓

@Saradestin  I feel for her. It’s such an annoying thing to deal with. 

It’s why I’m so fussy about which sunscreens to use around my eyes. Most chemical sunscreens burn my eyeballs (except those that don’t run into my eyes, like Unseen Sunscreen and one of Eucerin’s), but most mineral ones require too much rubbing on my lids and undereyes, which causes waterfalls. Heck, even applying eyeshadow primer can start the waterworks. My eyes are too dramatic. 😂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • photo cred: HelloGiggles
  • 149014E9-7B59-4AB8-BBDE-054E824CE4FD.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20221108-123507.png
  • IMG_20221017_132313184.jpg
  • AB187498-4683-44B7-ADEF-76AFAA7735B8.jpeg
  • CB5F2B93-6065-46F5-90CF-442EB1BE5790.jpeg
  • 66474782-8AC8-4807-A499-F4DCBA811CC5.jpeg
  • 151FCE85-7C26-42C7-A133-A488EF2322DE.jpeg
  • 52DB9AB2-1CA9-4DFF-B72F-18DADA50CF16.jpeg