Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Baking vs Setting Powder.

Hello people !! Is there a difference between baking & setting powder ? I’m using the Peach Perfect Setting Powder at the very end of my makeup routine... is that the way to use it ? I know people ‘bake’ under their eyes the concealer... can I use the same powder for this too ? Or there’s a specific name for baling powders under the eyes (if so, a recommendation) ? Thanks !! 🤲🏻

Re: Baking vs Setting Powder.

@aloritata 

A setting powder does what it claims to do: sets makeup. A setting powder is simple; it can set foundations and/or control oils. ... Baking powder- Here's how it's done: After applying foundation and concealer, use a damp makeup sponge to pat a thick coat of powder on areas that you want to look brighter.

RE: Re: Baking vs Setting Powder.

So when I use the powder with the damp sponge under my eyes, i can still use my peach perfect setting powder or do I need a more specific ‘baking powder’ ? Why would i use this to make my under eyes brighter and not a highlighter ? The way to go would be use my cream foundation, then cream concealer then cream highlight. Then i set with powder. Then i can apply my other powders (blush, bronzer) ? Thanks a lot for replying, i’m getting confused with all this x-) 💖

Re: RE: Re: Baking vs Setting Powder.

@aloritata @Yea you can use the peach setting powder under your eyes to set the concealer or foundation. You can use a highlighter to make your under eyes brighter just make sure it doesn’t have shimmer in it and it’s lighter than your foundation. 

The way to go would be use my cream foundation, then cream concealer then cream highlight. Then i set with powder. Then i can apply my other powders (blush, bronzer) ?  Yes that is correct  

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing