Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

I saw the "TwelveDaysOfInventory" challenge on Instagram and thought it would be fun to port over to the BIC for a December (or whenever you're up for it) challenge. Use this to visualize, catalog (maybe find) and celebrate your makeup collection!! 💄

Feel free to follow the schedule below or make it work best for you.

[EDIT] December 12 - Nail Polish

December 13 - Primers

December 14 - Foundations, Concealers

December 15 - Setting/Finishing Powders & Sprays 

December 16 - Bronzers, Face Palettes

December 17 - Blushes

December 18 - Highlighters

December 19 - Brow Products, Mascaras, Eyeliners

December 20 - Eye Primers, Stand Alone Eyeshadows 

December 21 - Single Shadows / Homebrew Palettes

December 22 - Premade Eyeshadow Palettes

December 23 - Lip Liners, Masks, Oils & Glosses

December 24 - Lipsticks

December 25-31 - Bonus Items (Brushes / Tools; Perfumes / Colognes / Scents; Skincare; Candles; etc)

Please no negative comments about the size or contents of others' collections, this is a place to celebrate our collections. Self-reflection is always welcome though 💖. Please don't take this as an impetus to declutter (unless you want to!). 

Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous collections!! ❄️💄

(H/t to @  _kaitscollection, who created this tag, if you also end up doing the tag on Instagram please use the hashtag # TwelveDaysOfInventory and credit her. Thank you!! ).

Re: ✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

@haleyvvvv 

I spy Morgan Taylor...best basic brand around, IMHO! That's a small collection, but mighty! I love that your only two are bright colors

Re: ✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

Oh, @RGbrown, that's good to know, I just got it in a sub box and thought it was pretty, so it's nice to know that it is a good brand. Thank you!! 

@haleyvvvv  oh gosh I both need this right now and find this a great idea!!  I have big plans to declutter!  I may not get around to decluttering as I go but it will certainly give me a better idea of what I currently own.  Nailpolishes should be an easy start cause I recently cleared out 90% of my polishes.  I just wasn’t wearing them and tend to pick from a small selection of shades. I’m excited to start this challenge! 

Yay, I'm glad you're excited, @heartsmyface!! Thank you!!

Cool Idea!!!

Thank you, @HeatherAriana!!

How did you know I've been wanting to reorganize my stash, @haleyvvvv ?  Of course, I've been procrastinating...now I have no excuse! 😄

@Titian06  Same!   I love a good excuse to reacquaint myself with what I own:) 

Same, same @Titian06!! 😅

This is a great idea! @haleyvvvv ! I need to do this before I attempt a no buy next year.

@makeitup305  It’ll help once you see the amount of everything you own laid out in the open:). Tucked away in drawers it’s easy to forget all the hidden treasures 

@heartsmyface @makeitup305 I just went through all my stuff and tossed all the old ones away so I know what I have. I still keep buying though 😔

@SportyGirly125 I regularly declutter but I don't have anyone to pass stuff on to so products I don't use tend to add up a bit until I go see friends or family. I have a "one last chance" box in my closet of products I don't like or I'm thinking of decluttering. I give them one last chance and if it still doesn't spark joy or fulfill expectations, they get passed on.

@makeitup305   I found a mamas for mamas social group in my area and post bags of unused to sampled product and can clear out items very quickly that way.  Less  judgment from my loved ones who tire of my giveaway piles and I don’t have to worry about ‘reacquiring’ my declutters.  It’s a win-win situation. 

@heartsmyface I'm on a "Give it to your neighbor" group on FB but I always feel like people will think it's icky to take someone else's makeup (even though some of it is barely used) and judge me for it.

@SportyGirly125  Oh I could never just stop buying new products- Even with a well

curated makeup stash.  It’s way too fun to try out new releases!  It’s nice though knowing you’re starting each year with items you’ve deemed worthy of precious makeup space.  🙂  

@heartsmyface it's so hard to not buy anything new! I love trying new things- restaurants, gadgets, etc and makeup is no exception. I'm going to try and not buy anything new until my birthday (end of May) but it's going to be tough tbh

@makeitup305  Oh gosh the end of May!!! Ha, it’s doable for sure!  You’ve got this!  where I get into trouble is browsing new releases.  ha, don’t do that!  ;D 

@heartsmyface I watch new release reviews on youtube as background noise and it's a slippery slope. IG is terrible for my wallet, too.

Thank you, @makeitup305!! I am also thinking of going on a low buy next year, I for sure don't need to add anything to my stash. 

Love this idea, @haleyvvvv! It's a fun way to see others' collections and also take account of what's actually in our own possession. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos663
  • These cases are double-sided. Each side has one extra long (eh, extra tall) slot.
  • A cubby in the hutch atop my vanity/desk.
  • PXL_20221212_010735659~2.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020309975.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020820519.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_022020015.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_022447948.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020455757.jpg
  • 7526464A-84E9-453F-9933-D1CB5E79C61C.jpeg
  • 746942B2-FDF0-4CDF-83D7-616A19026681.jpeg
  • 0A0E2B1A-02B8-451A-A410-72CA26E385E4.jpeg
  • 620ACB0E-49E5-4D3D-946E-346AC2AA29DD.jpeg
  • 20221212_204605.jpg
  • For now, I keep most swatch sticks loose in countertop drawers. I'm dividing a couple more drawers to hold the rest.
  • If more yellow polishes performed well, perhaps I'd own more than this. :D
testing