Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

I saw the "TwelveDaysOfInventory" challenge on Instagram and thought it would be fun to port over to the BIC for a December (or whenever you're up for it) challenge. Use this to visualize, catalog (maybe find) and celebrate your makeup collection!! 💄

Feel free to follow the schedule below or make it work best for you.

[EDIT] December 12 - Nail Polish

December 13 - Primers

December 14 - Foundations, Concealers

December 15 - Setting/Finishing Powders & Sprays 

December 16 - Bronzers, Face Palettes

December 17 - Blushes

December 18 - Highlighters

December 19 - Brow Products, Mascaras, Eyeliners

December 20 - Eye Primers, Stand Alone Eyeshadows 

December 21 - Single Shadows / Homebrew Palettes

December 22 - Premade Eyeshadow Palettes

December 23 - Lip Liners, Masks, Oils & Glosses

December 24 - Lipsticks

December 25-31 - Bonus Items (Brushes / Tools; Perfumes / Colognes / Scents; Skincare; Candles; etc)

Please no negative comments about the size or contents of others' collections, this is a place to celebrate our collections. Self-reflection is always welcome though 💖. Please don't take this as an impetus to declutter (unless you want to!). 

Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous collections!! ❄️💄

(H/t to @  _kaitscollection, who created this tag, if you also end up doing the tag on Instagram please use the hashtag # TwelveDaysOfInventory and credit her. Thank you!! ).

Re: ✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

I absolutely love seeing your collection pictures, @RGbrown

Re: ✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

That is a seriously jaw-dropping collection, @RGbrown 🤩 I don’t even know how you begin to make a decision!

Wow that is some amazing organization @RGbrown !!! You always post such good swatches of them all though ! 

It's beautiful! 😍 @RGbrown

I'm in awe of your collection!

Monday, December 12 - Nail Polishes 

PXL_20221212_010735659~2.jpg

I'm not a polish gal. I used to be earlier in my life a bit but it kept getting stripped by the gloves I have to wear for work. These are just ones leftover from the random pedicure and subscription boxes. I think I should get rid of these, I never use them and I keep holding on to them expecting to use them. 

@haleyvvvv, there was a time - BB (Before BIC 🤣) when I'd probably could say without getting quizzical looks that I wasn't a polish girl - long ago, I used to have maybe 10-12 bottles of polish. I don't think I can say that AB (After BIC). 😂🤣😂 Every rotation of my "shop my stash" bin that circled through this year has had more than that many polishes. Eek! Once things settle down with my projects, I really need to carve out some time to take stock of my polish collection and put them in a nice orderly set up. 

I want to be a polish girl, @itsfi!! I love everyone's cute nails. I want multichromes shades. But it just doesn't jive with my lifestyle. 

Beautiful polishes @haleyvvvv ! It’s sad that you cannot wear them. Maybe for a pedi here and there? 

Thank you, @Saradestin!!

I *hate* my feet, so I don't do my own pedis and I am trying not to go anywhere inside that's recreational since mask mandates have disappeared. 

It's okay!! I'll pass along to my coworkers. It's a good exercise. 

@haleyvvvv  These are both bright lovely colors.  Maybe someone in your friends and family network would like them.  🌺

Thank you, @Cissy63!! 

@haleyvvvv  I know the feeling of holding on to something with the intent of using it again but never doing that. Both polishes are pretty! But if you really think you won't use 'em, it's best to rehome them. 

I know. I have historically re-homed every polish I've gotten in a subscription box, etc, but there was something about the red. The tealish one I should toss since it was used on me, and I feel weird about rehoming it. 

This is a good impetus to re-home the red one though, thank you @WinglessOne!! 

It's also a good reminder that I don't need any of the Clionadh nail polishes which make me pause every time I see them on social media. I will not use them, no matter how pretty. 

@haleyvvvv Great holiday shades

Haha, I didn't even consider these were Xmas colors. Thank you, @Mellmars1185.!! 

That green is so festive, @haleyvvvv!

Thank you, @eshoe!! I didn't even think that it was seasonally appropriate!! 

Perfect for the holiday season @haleyvvvv !

I definitely prefer other holiday color patterns, but you're so right, @Kim888, it's very appropriate for this time of year!! 

They are pretty shades of polish @haleyvvvv I can see why your hanging on to them 🙂

Thank you, @CynthieLu!! It might be time to consider letting them go though. I'm just not a polish gal at this point in my makeup journey. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos663
  • These cases are double-sided. Each side has one extra long (eh, extra tall) slot.
  • A cubby in the hutch atop my vanity/desk.
  • PXL_20221212_010735659~2.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020309975.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020820519.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_022020015.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_022447948.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020455757.jpg
  • 7526464A-84E9-453F-9933-D1CB5E79C61C.jpeg
  • 746942B2-FDF0-4CDF-83D7-616A19026681.jpeg
  • 0A0E2B1A-02B8-451A-A410-72CA26E385E4.jpeg
  • 620ACB0E-49E5-4D3D-946E-346AC2AA29DD.jpeg
  • 20221212_204605.jpg
  • For now, I keep most swatch sticks loose in countertop drawers. I'm dividing a couple more drawers to hold the rest.
  • If more yellow polishes performed well, perhaps I'd own more than this. :D
testing