Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

I saw the "TwelveDaysOfInventory" challenge on Instagram and thought it would be fun to port over to the BIC for a December (or whenever you're up for it) challenge. Use this to visualize, catalog (maybe find) and celebrate your makeup collection!! 💄

Feel free to follow the schedule below or make it work best for you.

[EDIT] December 12 - Nail Polish

December 13 - Primers

December 14 - Foundations, Concealers

December 15 - Setting/Finishing Powders & Sprays 

December 16 - Bronzers, Face Palettes

December 17 - Blushes

December 18 - Highlighters

December 19 - Brow Products, Mascaras, Eyeliners

December 20 - Eye Primers, Stand Alone Eyeshadows 

December 21 - Single Shadows / Homebrew Palettes

December 22 - Premade Eyeshadow Palettes

December 23 - Lip Liners, Masks, Oils & Glosses

December 24 - Lipsticks

December 25-31 - Bonus Items (Brushes / Tools; Perfumes / Colognes / Scents; Skincare; Candles; etc)

Please no negative comments about the size or contents of others' collections, this is a place to celebrate our collections. Self-reflection is always welcome though 💖. Please don't take this as an impetus to declutter (unless you want to!). 

Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous collections!! ❄️💄

(H/t to @  _kaitscollection, who created this tag, if you also end up doing the tag on Instagram please use the hashtag # TwelveDaysOfInventory and credit her. Thank you!! ).

Re: ✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

Thank you, @quspork!! Agreed, I'm excited to get a better idea of what's in my collection, since it's mostly put away all of the time. 

Re: ✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

I updated to add Nail Polish, which I always forget about, sorry polish lovers!!

How are people planning on presenting their collections? I was thinking a few overhead shots of each "type" for me, but not sure if that would capture things like cream eyeshadows or lipsticks well...hmm...

I love this idea @haleyvvvv ! Also having lippies at the end along with your thoughtful comments! Fun and also panic at the disco!! 😭

Thank you, @Sunnysmom!! 

Amazing idea @haleyvvvv ! Though I’m not sure I want to see how many lipsticks I truly have lol

@Kim888 With my lack of organization and space I haven't been successful in finding out how many I have.  If I ever get there I wonder if I will stop buying lipsticks?!?!

You can always skip those days, @Kim888!! But this is also a no judgement space!! 

Ooooh @haleyvvvv! 😍 What a marvelous challenge! 👍🏼 It’ll be a great way to take stock of what I have in stock and be a good way to get back into the decluttering spirit. 

btw, huge thank you for having lipstick near the end. It may be a very sobering moment when I see what I have in my stash. 😬 

@itsfi  Lipstick is hard for me as well and probably the category I need the most decluttering in.  timber last years resolution to get everything into two drawers?  Yeah that didn’t happen.  I’m not ‘worse’ off… well maybe I will have made progress  after a good declutter.  

Everything into two drawers, @heartsmyface? That's some feat. It's making me sweat just thinking about how I'd even go about that. 😂 My stash is the smallest it has been in some time and I feel like I need to do another major declutter. 

Haha, I feel this way about eyeshadows, @itsfi!! 😅

@haleyvvvv  Oh boy, if I'm gonna post lipstick in late December, I'd better start re-cataloging my hoard right now! 🤣 

Interesting challenge though! Maybe by December 13 I'll have my new makeup area all (or mostly) set up, so I can include photos with whatever I post. It'll be fun to see other people's lists and/or photos. 

@WinglessOne 😹 some of these categories seem like an all day project to me!  I may have to post a few off schedule! 

I was slightly worried I maybe should have posted sooner, but also, its like a whenever you want to/can post vibe as well. In a completely no pressure way, I'd be very excited to see your lipstick collection, @WinglessOne!! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos663
  • These cases are double-sided. Each side has one extra long (eh, extra tall) slot.
  • A cubby in the hutch atop my vanity/desk.
  • PXL_20221212_010735659~2.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020309975.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020820519.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_022020015.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_022447948.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020455757.jpg
  • 7526464A-84E9-453F-9933-D1CB5E79C61C.jpeg
  • 746942B2-FDF0-4CDF-83D7-616A19026681.jpeg
  • 0A0E2B1A-02B8-451A-A410-72CA26E385E4.jpeg
  • 620ACB0E-49E5-4D3D-946E-346AC2AA29DD.jpeg
  • 20221212_204605.jpg
  • For now, I keep most swatch sticks loose in countertop drawers. I'm dividing a couple more drawers to hold the rest.
  • If more yellow polishes performed well, perhaps I'd own more than this. :D
testing