Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

the natural look

how do i make my lipstick look more natural? i have difficulties when i over line and have issues with the product flaking my skin

RE: the natural look

Definitely try a lip mask and hydrating products to help with the flaking issue. I also love lip primers ! They help the product go on a lot more natural! Also look up proper lip shaping charts to help figure out how to overline lips that are similar to your own shape! Also a colour that is more a nude (or shade close to your natural colour) that matches your undertone will look most natural

Re: the natural look

Sometimes the more you try to apply lipsticks especially the liquid lipsticks, the more they will flake. It is easier to apply 1-2 layers of the lipstick then to keep applying. Sometimes it is also easier to not use lip liner, I know it might sound crazy but the simpler the easier it should be. When you use this technique, you simply follow the lines and shape of your lips.

RE: the natural look

To help with flaking lips, I always exfoliate and use a good heavy lip balm before bed. You can purchase a lip exfoliant but there are also inexpensive or free options (like making your own!). You can also just exfoliate every time you shower by just rubbing your lips on your towel to gently slough away dead skin. That’s what I do and then follow up with Fresh Sugar Hydrating Balm (or any balm you prefer!) To get a more natural application, after applying lipstick I gently pat my lips with my ring finger to soften up any hard lines. This can also make little errors in lip lining less noticeable.

Re: the natural look

@tayboy make sure you exfoliate your lips at least once a week Fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator and keep your lips hydrated with a lip mask LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original or lip balm Kopari Coconut Lip Glossy Original .  Choose a lip color closest to your lip color like PAT McGRATH LABS Lip Fetish Divinyl Lip Shine Nude Venus and use a lipliner to outline/overdraw lips.  I like to use PAT McGRATH LABS Permagel Ultra Lip Pencil Contour or Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner Iconic Nude 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing