Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

lip liner purpose ?!?

such a BASIC & amateur Q - what is the point of lip liners ?!? Do they need to be the SAME EXACT color as the lipstick ?! Or do you wear it alone, specifically with lipstick, or with lip gloss as well ??? Thx!

RE: lip liner purpose ?!?

I love using lip liners to define the edges of my lip. I usually use the liner paired with the lipstick because it’s just slightly darker to show the edge of your lips.

RE: lip liner purpose ?!?

I don’t use lip liner for anything other than a couple of lip colors I have that either bleed or feather. And for those I only use a clear pencil. I love the one or two I have, but I’ll never buy them again; feather and bleed are a rarity for me. Other than that, I’m not into the heavily defined or darkly contoured lip pencil thing.

I had the same question haha and I see girls contouring t...

I had the same question haha and I see girls contouring their lips! I don't even know how to contour my face! 😂😭😭 haha

Re: lip liner purpose ?!?

lipliner doesn't even need to have any color, there are some white ones that go on clear.

come to think of it, I don't really use it very much. I used it as a lip primer.

Lip liners are intended to define and help shape the lip...

Lip liners are intended to define and help shape the lip line. They are also intended to provide a barrier for lipstick to stay within. It does not need to be an exact shade, but it is recommended to be similar. Some ladies will use it to shade/contour their lips and thus add dimension by using a slightly deeper shade and contouring as well as outlining the lip with a slightly deeper shade. This is a great technique for lipstick shades that may be too nude for one's skin tone. You can use the lip liner over the entirety of the lips instead of lipstick and topped with gloss as desired. I have a done this in a pinch with colors I enjoy over lip balm that I have lightly blotted off. A sheer gloss can also be added over this, too.
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing