Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

help! anxiety and peeling the skin off my lips

As stated in the title I have pretty bad anxiety so my bad habit it pulling and picking the dry skin off my lips. I’m almost always chapped and therefore I can’t really wear liquid lipstick cause I have a tendency to pull the dry skin off. Lipstick in general I cannot wear whatsoever. 😞 it dries out my lips regardless of if I start with exfoliating and a good primer (I have mufe’s hd lip primer) I do use Sugar brand lip treatment and I have noticed a difference in how chapped my lips get. But they still rip and peel. If anyone has any tips or tricks to help this problem of mine I’d be so grateful :’(

Re: help! anxiety and peeling the skin off my lips

Perhaps trying a thicker lip balm like the Bite Agave lip mask so you're more conscious that something is on your lip to help stop the picking? 

Hey, what I find to be good for chapped and peeling lips is Vaseline lip therapy. It has helped me get rid of the sitch within a few days!

@bansbans I have the same problem, though it's improved a lot over the past six months. The things that have made a difference for me: keeping untinted lip balms (Eos and Burt's Bees) around the house where I tend to read or study; working on turning putting on lip balm into one of my at-home "fidgets"; and working on redirecting the "peeling" habit into rubbing my lips together instead. I'm not going to magically become less fidgety, but this combo has turned it into a habit that is improving the condition of my lips (for the first time in my life 😂)

I also found that if a lip product has noticeable texture (glitter that I can feel, gloss that is too sticky, or a formula that becomes dry over time) it is more likely to cause me issues, so I've experimented with a lot of brands and lines, returned things that haven't worked for me, and now have several go-to products I can buy in different shades.

@bansbans I rec checking beautypedia.com to find a lip balm that will help hydrate your lips, so that you can get your lips in better shape.  Then, you can always look into that site for rec's on moisturizing lipsticks.

Spoiler
Best wishes for managing your anxiety in the meantime.  🙂

@bansbans I have the same problem. Ive been using the bit...

@bansbans I have the same problem. Ive been using the bite sugar scrub every other day and the urban decay lip balm or bite agave mask everyday all day. This has helped tremendously.

RE: help! anxiety and peeling the skin off my lips

Hi, this sounds rough! I always found the sugar products to be momentarily helpful... then more drying as they wear off. I use plain chapstick brand chapstick and haven’t found something I like better. The agave lip mask by bite is good too, but I like it less. I also love buxom full on lip polish for everyday hints of color. It is very moisturizing.
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing