Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Lip Lovers

Your Thoughts - YSL Glossy Stain.

Hey everyone, so lately I been thinking about the YSL Glossy Stain. I actually got a sample pack of 3 colors from Shyam after my face was done. I was curious to know what your thoughts are and what are your favorite shades or what colors are the best in that line. I see it's long wearing which is nice to know. I'm tempted to get one really I want one badly lol.

Anyways share your thoughts :-)

Re: Your Thoughts - YSL Glossy Stain.

So far I'm still using the samples I got buy I love no.7. I'm definitely going to buy the fullsized in either no.7, 6, or 29. They look similar since they're in the rose/nudish family. It's wonderful how its glossy but stays put throughout the day.

I wonder if the sample packs you get are all the same shades or if they have them in different ones. I got the one with 3 shades in it. Yeah some of them look alike but aren't. I'm excited to look into them !. 

I love the glossy stains! Love them. My all time favorite is shade #16 which is a soft purple that looks good on everyone. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Oooo Janine, that's gorgeous :-D. Thanks for sharing !

The sample pack I have has the shades 9,11, and 7. The first 2 are reds and I'm too in love with hourglass's Icon lip stain to even consider those, lol.

I have 6 and 106 from the Rebel Nudes. 6 is more coral than 7. I'd probably go with 7 since it's getting into fall. (Seriously tempted to order that one too after using the sample and loving it.)

I think I might be the only one in the world who really didn't like the glossy stains!  I found the one I purchased (don't remember which one because I returned it, but it was one of the reds) to be bad smelling, sticky, and not long lasting - not to mention very sheer.  I bought it because I thought it was opaque, non-sticky, and long lasting, so I was really disappointed.  I don't wear lip gloss, so I think I had unrealistic expectations from the product, but I was still not satisfied with the result.

Some of mine are:beige aquarella.jpg#19 Beige Aquarellaysl 17.jpg#17 Encre Roseysl glossy stain -rose tempura.jpg

#13 Rose Tempuraysl #5 Rouge Vintage.jpg#5Rouge Vintage
ysl rose vinyl.jpg

#15 Rose Vinyl

AHHH Beautylovingirl you are so cruel to tempt me with these exquisite images of picture perfect color lol !. I love them all. I doubt that I could only pick a certain one in this line their all so cute !. 

I can't help it!!Smiley Very Happy

can anyone comment on how this compares to the ysl sheer candy balms?

they aren't as moisturizing because they are gloss that dries down to a stain. The Sheer Candies are a tinted lip balm. 

I just apply some lip balm 30 minutes before putting on a glossy stain & I have no problems with chapped lips, even in the winter. 

@emmaclaire, thank you. I am joining you on your comment.

I didn't like them either. I couldn't get past the OLDSCHOOL lipstick smell. And it didn't stay on well at all. I need one that stays on GOOD and doesn't transfer anywhere else, also one that I didn't have to re-apply so much. Currently the Kat Von D foiled lip stick is the one that has worked perfect compared to this one.

I love the case though and the color.

Sorry, but who/what is Shyam? 

I know you've been on here for a while, so it's safe to say that just about everyone on here is OBSESSED with the glossy stains! 

It's more or less trying to narrow down which color will be your first. 

I usually don't wear reds, because many of them don't look good on me & I'm not into lipstick. After swatching a bunch in store over a year ago, I decided 20 Rouge Enamel would be my first. I loved the gloss/stain aspect of it, and the color complimented me nicely. It wasn't long until I got 15 Rose Vinyl, then 12 Coril Fauve. 

For the fall this year I wanted something a bit darker & get out of my pink comfort zone. I fell in love with the swatches I saw of the rebel nudes & quickly had 2 of the pinks in my cart. UGH! So I took those out & got 107 Naughty Mauve. When I got it I almost wanted to return it. It's a little lighter than what I wanted for fall, but it has a really pretty duotone purple shift, that actually stays once it wears off to a stain. So I'm keeping it & still trying to figure out what will be my next one. 

I suggest looking at a lot of swatches on-line (Temptalia & Karla Sugar are great places to start) and then trying some out in store. 

Hahaha hey Dannyc, Shyam is one of the senior cast memebers at Sephora. He had worked for them 2 yrs but has extensive experience in every aspect from cosmetics to skincare to fragrance. He's also worked for MAC and a few other places. Does runway models and TV I believe and met Versace. Sorry if I go on about him lol he's just that awesome. 

I just got my first one today in no. 1, Violet Edition. 

I have 17, 15 and 19! 19 is my everyday, and 15 and 17 are more of a statement lip.

I would def go in store to try them out. For instance, I never thought I would like 17; it looked so purple in the bottle. BUT the moment I put it on, I was in love!

Do you think you can post lip swatches of 17 and 19? I have been looking at those shades online since the Sephoras near me don't carry YSL :/

So far I only received the samples but I am going ot the store this weekend to find a color I love because i did like the samples but i need more of an everyday color. 

heres no.7

oops forgot the pics Smiley Sad

heres no.7- I actually do love this one but want a little more pinkish.

ysl no7.jpg

heres no.9- this one is more red than the pic shows

ysl no9.jpg

I tried the sample i had, OMG, I really like it. Not the particular color i had on, but how it stayed perfectly for hours. I was snacking on things eating a snowcone, and afterwards it was still perfect, I will definitely look more into the colors and see what's best but i must have one! 

Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • swfupload_1073665245945953048.jpg
  • beige aquarella.jpg
  • ysl 17.jpg
  • ysl glossy stain -rose tempura.jpg
  • ysl rose vinyl.jpg
  • ysl no7.jpg
  • ysl no9.jpg
  • ysl #5 Rouge Vintage.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • coral aquatique.jpg