Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Winter lips....

What is the best lip balm for dry cracked lips?

Re: Winter lips....

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask is a holy grail product for dry chapped lips!! you'll love it!!! BITE BEAUTY - Agave Lip Mask

RE: Winter lips....

Not a balm but I LOVE the Laneige lip mask! And I also love C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve too! And at night I use a lush lip scrub. I wear liquid lipsticks all day during 8 hour shifts at work and using these 3 keep my lips soft and not dry or cracked.

I really love the bite agave lip mask, a little bit goes a long way (I even apply on the outside of my lip line cause it tents to dry and hurt a lot). I'm obsess with lip balms, I have too many, but this is a staple on my beauty routine. Fresh has a great one as well, but I have to be cautious with that one cause it has melted a few times during hot days (but if that happens, a few hours on the fridge will fix it). I have tried some of the Sephora lip masks (the sheet kind) for when my lips need extra TLC, and was not disappointed. 🙂

RE: Re: Winter lips....

@pebeta I have the agave mask too. But it doesn’t seem to fix my lips when they’ve gotten too dry. I’ll have to check the fresh one out! I’ll try to remember not to leave it in my car in the summer!!

Hi @ather,

If your lips are dry and cracked, you need to exfoliate them before applying a lip balm. Exfoliating your lips will get rid of build up and dry patches on your lips. I really like the FRESH - Sugar Lip Scrub. After using a lip scrub, go in with a thick lip balm or moisturizer. My current favorite is the Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve 1.6 oz/ 46 g. It has that thick honey feel and smell. You can use it on any dry areas such as your lips, elbows, knees and face.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

RE: Re: Winter lips....

@PenelopeBT so I grabbed the Farmacy honey slave during the sale because I was reading the reviews and it also helps with eczema and my little guy seems to have it on his belly and nothing is working and I’m very hesitant to use a steroid cream on him. So I figured both of us can use it. Tried it tonight and it feels amazing hopefully it heals my poor lips because winter has just started.

Winter lips....

@ather I just got introduced to the bite beauty lip mask and I'm in love!!

RE: Winter lips....

@lmaster aww thanks for the recommendation!!

@ather I love Kopari Lip Balm, Kiehls Lip Balm, Tatcha Lip Balm, MAC Lip Conditioner and for night Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask.

My current favorite is the  Clarin's lip oil! Very moisturizing, sinks in immediately, and not sticky at all. Looks like a sheer gloss 

I'm a weirdo because the Laneige lip mask does nothing for me, but I adore Fresh's Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment. That plus regular exfoliation really saves my lips in the winter! 

fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Treatment Lip Balm Translucent

Edit- It shows the pic of the tinted version, but I don't find that one as moisturizing as the original untinted version. 

You’re definitely not a weirdo @quspork . We all respond differently to lip or skin care products! The Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment is a great product! I have samples of it and I love it as much as the La Neige Sleeping Lip Mask! What’s weird is that when I tried the La Neige I didn’t like it at all but I gave it a second chance and now I really love it!

I'm glad they both work for you (at least now haha), @keana1! It's always interesting to see how different products react with different people. I'm sure there are plenty of HG type items for me that others have tried and had absolutely no luck with - you just never know! 

I love the Laneige sleeping lip mask. I got it in a sample box from Allure and have already bought the set someone mentioned above. I badly messed up my lips scuba diving; they were bleeding and then scabbed. As soon as the scabs were healed I started using the mask nightly. My lips look better than they have in years and I haven’t felt like I needed a lip balm during the day. There’s a code for a trial size right now if you’re shopping for other things. 

@ather  I swear by Intelligent Nutrients Lip Delivery Nutrition. It's the best lip balm I've ever tried and nothing has beaten it so far. I've been using it for years... and it's brought my lips back from very bad conditions. I love lip balms so I do try a lot of them.  I also really like the Laneige lip sleeping mask. This would be a good set to get: LANEIGE - Kiss and Make Up Set.  I have it and really like it too. Hope this helps!

Oh perfect thanks I’ll give that a try!!

So few work for me!! The only ones that do are Dermstore’s lip quench and Coola liplux. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 42 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing