Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Winter lip care - need recommendations!

Hello all you fabulous make up lovers! This Fall/Winter season has got my lips all dry and cracked! Can you provide me with some recommendations for lip remedies? Currently I am using the Tangerine Lip Balm from the Sephora Collection. I am looking for something that will get rid of the lines quickly...! Thanks in advance!

xoxo 

Re: Winter lip care - need recommendations!

A couple of years ago I went to the dermatologist because my lips were severely chapped and bleeding. He gave me a prescription for a steroid cream and recommended Vaniply Ointment. I finally realized that the ingredients in Bite Beauty products were causing the allergy. Originally it was the Agave Lip Mask but eventually all Bite Beauty products started causing the same effect. The Vaniply Ointment has always been a godsend. In error CVS ordered me 2 tubes but now I keep one on my bag and one at home. It keeps my lips extremely moisturized and also could double in a pinch as a hand cream. The 2.5 ounce tube was about $7.00.

The best of the best: Tom Ford lip balm (for men but I love it more than any men would :)) It is amazing! I am on my 3rd tube. 

Wow really? I never would have thought. I'll give it a try.. .maybe they can throw me a sample first lol

RE: Winter lip care - need recommendations!

I like the Fresh Lip Scrub (weekly) and Fresh Caramel Balm (daily). My lips used to be dry and cracked and now they look great!

You might like to try Laneige Lip Sleeping mask. It makes lips really soft and you can use it every night.  Also Blistex products for daily use and spf could actually work better for you than Chap stick as that can make some people's lips peel. I hope this helps.

Yes I 2nd the Laneige lip mask! It’s amazing and worth it!

RE: Re: Winter lip care - need recommendations!

Thank you!!

I agree always use Lip Chap but I also exfoliate and do lip mask's. Bite Beauty has Agave kisses lip kit right now that has everything you would need! First Aid Beauty ultra repair lip balm will help with cracking as well! 

Thank you so much!! I took advantage of the value pack that on promo!! I'm hoping this will help!!!

Some of the products I use are NYX's lip scrub and Bite Beauty Agave lip mask once or twice a week. But I do suggest to continue using chap stick because its purpose is to prevent not heal chapped lips. 

Yep I use Burts Bees at the moment. Does the Bite Beauty Agave one provide immediate results?

Re: RE: Re: Winter lip care - need recommendations!

Yes @Bebebelle. The Bite Agave Lip mask starts helping upon that first overnight application. It’s a miracle in a tiny tube. Be aware of ingredients. Petroleum based products tend to dry out skin. Lanolin works great for some people, yet some people are very sensitive to it.

Re: RE: Re: Winter lip care - need recommendations!

Thanks for the info! I don't normally pay attention to the ingredients but i will now. Appreciate the help!

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing