Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Where do YOU apply your makeup? No judgement here!

When you love makeup as much as we do, you can’t resist putting it on anywhere, anytime! During your commute, at the gym and even at the table in a knife reflection, nowhere is off limits. At Marc Jacobs Beauty, you wouldn’t bat a lash at someone applying or obsessively reapplying our new Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick in a meeting. That got us wondering, where do you put on makeup when you’re out in the world? No shame here.

IMG_5273.JPG

xx

Marc Jacobs Beauty

Re: Where do YOU apply your makeup? No judgement here!

😂💓 

Day to Day I usually apply it in my bedroom in front of the mirror. I have roommates so we all can't be trying to apply makeup in the bathroom haha or no one would ever get in. 

Out in the world/at work I usually have some minis in my bag and I'll apply in the bathroom 

We agree, minis are essential for touch ups. They make life so much easier! 

Anonymous Insider

Ha!  This looks fun 😄

I apply in the bathroom if I'm going to work using my SimpleHuman mirror.  (Great purchase!)  Otherwise, I'm on my bed facing the window.  If I'm at work and need to do my face, I'll try to do it at my desk listening for when my boss in the next room is on the phone or busy typing on his laptop and I use an item or two until I finish up.  Otherwise, I'll reapply lipstick/lipgloss/lip balm whenever and wherever.  

💕 

I rarely ever apply makeup at Vanity. 75% of the time it is in the washroom because the mirror got great light and other 25% of time when I want to put some effort into it, then I do it at my dining table. Lol Don’t judge me The huge windows across the table give me best bright natural light.

No judgement here!☺️💕 Honestly, the huge windows sound like a great setup! 

I apply the majority of my makeup at my vanity. However, I have a few products that I leave in my desk at work in case I need to do some touch ups. And I will apply lip gloss basically anywhere!

@MJBTeam What a fun thread!! I usually don’t reapply my makeup once I’m out of the house. But I always apply my makeup at my vanity usually while I’m also trying to convince my one year old that it’s not fun opening all mommy’s lipsticks and throwing them in the garbage😂

In my parked car, and in the break room at work haha.

Oh I apply wherever! Usually in my cars mirrors (when Im not driving of course) and also in my work bathroom!!

Out in the world: wherever the lighting’s good enough! I’ll reapply lipstick anywhere: office meetings, restaurant tables, concert floors (hopefully no one bumps into me!), my reflection in the side of a building on the street, etc. Hey, when you need a lip touch-up, you gotta touch up. Concealer touch-ups usually require better lighting, so I’ll duck into a restroom for that. 

At home: usually my bathroom. Sometimes my home office desk, because it’s in front of a window (so I can see my face in natural sunlight). I have an old secretary desk I meant to use as a makeup vanity, but I use it as a giant jewelry box & accessories dresser instead. 

We totally agree: when you need a lip touch-up, you gotta touch up! ❤️ 

Hi @MJBTeam,

I love this thread! I personally have a vanity, but I never use it! For some reason, I've always enjoyed doing my makeup while sitting on the floor with a huge mirror in front of me. When I say huge - I mean full body length mirror! Even when I go on vacation, I always sit on the floor to do my makeup, so weird, but works for me! 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Hi @RaquelBT! Everyone has their own makeup rituals, so interesting how you maintain your routine even when traveling! 🙂 

The answer should be at my lovely vanity but the truth is either at my desk at work or on the couch in front of the TV with my Simple Human mirror for company.  I guess I'm either under a time crunch or lazily taking my time, no in-between! 

Totally my hotel routine--- on the bed while watching tv!

Even though I have a nice desk in my room with a Simple Human Mirror, I still do my makeup in the bathroom because the lighting is just better in there. I just select the makeup I want, put it in a tray and bring it with me.

Good lighting is crucial!

I don't have an actual vanity, so I like doing my makeup while sitting on my bed. I have a mirror that lights up that is just the perfect height so that I don't have to hold it. I keep my go to makeup & skincare on a rack with shelves beside my bed. It's an excuse to stay comfortable in bed just a bit longer in the mornings haha. Now if only I could have my coffee maker beside my bed too 😛

As for reapplying makeup, I do that just about anywhere. The metro/bus can be a challenge, but I'm getting used to it haha

That sounds like the perfect set up, we'll take any excuse to stay in bed!

xx

41 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • IMG_5273.JPG
testing