Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Where do YOU apply your makeup? No judgement here!

When you love makeup as much as we do, you can’t resist putting it on anywhere, anytime! During your commute, at the gym and even at the table in a knife reflection, nowhere is off limits. At Marc Jacobs Beauty, you wouldn’t bat a lash at someone applying or obsessively reapplying our new Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick in a meeting. That got us wondering, where do you put on makeup when you’re out in the world? No shame here.

IMG_5273.JPG

xx

Marc Jacobs Beauty

Re: Where do YOU apply your makeup? No judgement here!

One time, I was running super late to a class so I grabbed my makeup go bag, a bag that I filled with minis of every product ranging from primer to powder to lashes especially for occasions like this, and I did full glam on the metro to class. I got a few weird looks but it was fine because I still mastered my winged liner!

But I definitely prefer to do my makeup at my desk where I can spread all my products out and take my time creating my looks!

RE: Where do YOU apply your makeup? No judgement here!

Always at my vanity! Sometimes in the bathroom. I could never ever be skilled enough to apply in a moving vehicle, too many bumps.. and if we had to stop suddenly I’d be scared to spill/lose something. And I also have a fear of someone stealing my makeup or me just forgetting it somewhere, so I never ever bring makeup bag with me. Only a lipstick or gloss. When I travel or spend the night somewhere I keep my makeup bag in my purse and basically guard it with my life. Lol.

I love sitting at my vanity because it has great natural light and I can take my time and play with my makeup!

But, last month I totally did a full face on an airplane, and I was surprised that it turned out pretty good! Not the best lighting lol

A full-face on a plane? What skill! 🙌🏾🙌🏻🙌🏿 

I love this! I put gloss on all the time! At work, after dinner, even in the car! 

99/100 times I’m in my bathroom. I reapply lip color anywhere and everywhere though. It I’m ever displaced from my bathroom (or a bathroom if I’m traveling) I feel really weird and uncomfortable doing my makeup. I need a counter, lights, and a place to stand. I am not capable of doing my makeup sitting down. 

We agree counter space is so important, everyone needs room to lay product out. xx

Temporarily I have all my makeup in one of the spare/guest bedroom. I need a real glam room 🤪. I’m still not brave enough to apply my makeup on the train or public place (except for reapply lipstick). Is it weird?

We're jealous, you must have so much storage space for makeup!

And no, that's not weird at all! You should always apply makeup wherever you feel the most comfortable! xx

@MJBTeam fun thread! I typically apply makeup at my vanity. It’s easiest because I have all my

products and brushes on hand, and I can sit down and relax with some music while doing my makeup. Sometimes if I need to be quick I’ll grab the main products and apply in the downstairs washroom really quick ☺️

Do you have a go-to playlist? ❤️🎶 

Where do YOU apply your makeup? No judgement here!

I have my vanity with my old Hollywood style mirror with the lights all around. It is my best beauty investment! I love it so much.

RE: Where do YOU apply your makeup? No judgement here!

Love!!

@Kay522  Wow this is a gorgeous setup! The mirror looks fancy indeed! 😉

😱💓 We LIVE for Hollywood mirrors! 

In my basement bathroom.  For the first couple months after we bought our house, I struggled to find a spot with good lighting and space for my stuff.  When we had guests staying overnight for our housewarming party, I had to move my makeup to an alternate location for a few days.  That's when I discovered how perfectly the basement bathroom worked.

I store my makeup on the shelves in the linen closet in there, and the lighting there is actually the best in the house.  (Natural lighting can create shadows, but artificial lighting right above the mirror is consistent, and I made sure to get a good light fixture/lightbulbs installed.)  It also is better for my makeup to be kept there as opposed to in a regular bathroom, because there's no shower down there, so you don't get humidity shortening the shelf life.  It's cooler in the basement, which is both good for the products and good for my own face because I'm less likely to be sweaty when I'm applying makeup.  And since it's on a different level from the bedroom, I can play music even if my husband is still asleep.

That sounds like the perfect setup! So glad you were able to find the perfect spot to set up your beauty collection. 💕

It's interesting reading the responses.  I usually apply my makeup standing in front of a full length mirror I have in my bedroom.  It's next to the window for lighting.

@mishanyc  This is exactly me too!! except sometimes a full face takes too long so I end up going from standing in front of the full length mirror to sitting haha

ha me too! Let's be real, if I did a quick face standing would be finnneee.  But, sometimes I'm really taking my time lol

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • IMG_5273.JPG
testing