Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Discontinued - what next?

UD Sheer Revolution in Sheer Liar was my perfect MLBB, not-too-heavy everyday lipstick. I could throw it on with just a light layer of powder and mascara for work every day. I realized I'm down to the last bit in my tube, and it's been discontinued. Anyone have a good suggestion for an everyday spring/summer lipstick? I use the Clinique Black Honey lip balm in the winters.

I'm considering the Wander Beauty Beach Balm and Tarte Quench Lip Rescue in Nude...

Re: Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Discontinued - what next?

Sorry to hear that your favorite lippie was discontinued, @dcjl. The same thing tends to happen to me a lot and it's always incredibly frustrating. Have you tried the Lipstick Queen Saint lipsticks? They're sheer with only 10% pigment and have a lightweight formula. There's plenty of pretty shades in the Saint line, including quite a few everyday colors. Based on online swatches, the shade Pinky Nude looks like it's close to UD Revolution Sheer Liar. Lipstick Queen Jean Queen could be another option. It's also sheer and lightweight. 

Here are some swatches...

LQ Saint Pinky Nude:

Image: Sicka Than AverageImage: Sicka Than Average

LQ Jean Queen:

Image: Karla SugarImage: Karla Sugar

I hope this helps!

@dcjl I feel your pain on discontinued lip colors.  My favorite MLBB Clinique lip gloss was discontinued and I was so bummed.  Go to Temptalia dot com and search the dupe list.  There's a number of lip colors that come up as dupes on the website for that lip shade, hopefully one will help you.  I'm at work (being productive as you see) and can't give you a screen print on this computer.

@dcjl That was nice a color!  I'm sorry to hear that it was discontinued!  One of the appeals of the line was that it had so many color options.  Have you tried other sheers from the line?  I think there was one that might have been similar, but I can't remember what it was.  Not Brat, not Naked, not Obsessed, not Violate...I just can't think of the name!  If I find my list, I will let you know.  In the meantime, have you tried any Fresh lip balms?

thanks for the reply! the urban decay vice lipstick version is still around, but it's a bit thicker and i'm looking for something lighter. let me know if you find yours!

i have tried fresh, it's pretty good, but i wanted something more "mlbb". i actually just saw that nars orgasm lip balm (i think it's called afterglow) is dropping in two days! so i'm eagerly awaiting that...

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • Image: Sicka Than Average
  • Image: Karla Sugar
testing