Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Urban Decay Lipsticks

I have been eyeing the Urban Decay lipsticks lately. Can anyone let me know how they liked them? Thanks.

Re: Urban Decay Lipsticks

@BlondChick1676 I own four of them, but mostly b/c I got two on sale.  I find them a bit drying, though.

@BlondChick1676  I have a ton of them since they were on clearance before.  they have a lot of great colors.  I like the revolution ones, which I got from their website when they were on clearance.  It's too bad they don't make them anymore (of course, like anything good.) 😞 I like that they had sheer versions too.  I think my fave colors are bittersweet (lilac) and shame (dark berry) - or was it after dark? lol, can't remember.

there was one of the vice liquid lipsticks colors that I really liked, a light goldeny brown shimmer, I think it was called 'cruel'? - a pretty unique color, that I wouldn't have thought looked that great, but it adds a nice warmth.

My motto is never miss an Urban Decay clearance sale. I have so many of the ones you mentioned and they all look good me. Even the sheers are pigmented. I’d go so far as saying UD sheers is just like Tom Ford or Guerlain regular lipsticks, hoard worthy. The regular lipsticks rival theatrical quality= Instagram ain’t ready for this.

My favorite color is Big Bang it’s a bright Barbie pink with frost. Love, so pigmented. I enjoy the rich pigment in UD lip formulas they never disappoint. 

Velvet liquid lip in Big Bang is good too, I like the fact that it was comfortable and didn’t bleed.

URBAN DECAY - Vice Lipstick - Anarchy

The gloss is amazing too

URBAN DECAY - Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss - Big Bang

@howconniethat's a great one (I have the liquid one) - also Flashback, a bright sparkly purple.  they had a set with a matching liner + lipstick on their website before of a few shades, including big bang, on clearance that was a great deal, but sadly I missed out. 😞

@BlondChick1676 As others have said they really are sort of hit and miss. There are a couple that I really enjoy, I like Backtalk and Ravenswood, and Sheer F-Bomb is another one. I think the biggest issue with this line of bullets is there are just too many - too many shades and too many formulas. They are one of the more affordable options, which is really nice, but I would recommend checking out Temptalia's detailed reviews for specific shades if one interests you. 

RE: Urban Decay Lipsticks

I have a couple of their lipsticks. The formula isn’t my favourite. It’s more drying than some of the others I’ve tried.

I can’t speak for the liquid mattes, since I’ve only ever owned one and hated how drying it was. I don’t want to judge the entire line on the performance of a single shade. 

But I’ve owned many of the bullets, both the newer Vice formula and the older Revolution formula. Heck, I bought UD bullets back when they were a new little brand in the 90s. 🙂 The Cream finish bullets are pretty comfy and nicely pigmented. Firebird is still one of my favorite shades by anyone, but it’s a chronic bleeder/featherer and requires lip primer/liner to reduce the bleed. The Comfort Matte finish bullets are hit or miss for me. Example: Heroine is comfy and performs well for me throughout the day, but Perversion gets a bit drying and wears down too much in the center of my lips. I don’t like the Mega Matte finish at all. 

I don’t like UD’s glosses or toppers. Each one I’ve tried bled too much (even for gloss), and most pooled a lot in my lip lines resulting in very uneven color. They’re also stickier than I like. That’s a shame because some of the toppers look pretty cool in the tube. 😞 

@BlondChick1676 I have owned a few of their lipsticks but prefer MAC and Pat McGrath more 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing