Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Too Faced Lip Insurance Tips

I bought the Too Faced Lip Insurance lip primer a couple of weeks ago after hearing nothing but good things about it. I love wearing lip colors but hate spending $15+ on a lip just to have it come right off an hour or two later. I've used the lip primer a few times now and have to say I'm pretty disappointed. Can anyone recommend what I might be doing wrong?I usually put it on (usually a medium amount), let it dry, and then put on my lip. It doesn't last for me through eating or drinking, and I find it fades even when I don't mess with it. Should I be putting on more lip primer or does this primer just not work for my lips? Considering maybe trading it in for something else since it was $19. 

Re: Too Faced Lip Insurance Tips

I was disappointed in the Lip Insurance too. It was incredibly drying to the point where I didn't even pay attention to the staying power - though I think I would've noticed anything worth noticing.  

I am looking for other options as well. 

Re: Too Faced Lip Insurance Tips

I'm anxious to see what answers you get for your post. I recently started using the Lip Insurance and I love it.  I use a very thin amount -- for me, a little goes a long way.  I usually wait a minute or two then apply my lipstick. Eating and drinking still fades color a bit, but usually not enough that I have to reapply.  Last weekend I used it with my Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in Gothica. I applied it at 10:30 am, went to Church, had lunch, took a nap, and ate dinner, and at one point brushed my teeth. When I took my makeup off about 7:30 pm, I could still see a color stain. It wasn't vibrant, but it was still there. I was impressed and thrilled. I hope that it works out for you.  It's frustrating to want to love a product, pay good money for it, and then not be satisfied with it.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing