cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The UnNude Lip Challenge

Unnude_2.jpg

If you're on BeautyTalk, you're probably well-aware of the nude lip trend and may even own a handful (or three) of these shades. While I love the trend, I still can't seem to find my "perfect nude" so I am very excited to start talking more broadly about UnNudes! UnNude lip shades offer a spectrum from standard nude shades to more bold, neutral shades. These are the mauvy brown, deep chocolate, rose-goldy-earth toned neutral shades and they come in a variety of finishes (matte, metallic, creamy and shiny). 

Here's the challenge: rock an UnNude lip look between Monday, February 6th- Tuesday, February 28th. No requirement on how often to post but I'm going to try for every weekday! 

Keep in mind, this challenge overlaps Valentine's Day so I am also challenging you to change it up by wearing a bold neutral instead of the typical red. (Hint: red is not an UnNude!)

Check the spoiler for examples of some of UnNude shades. Can't wait to see your take on neutral lips!

Spoiler
Unnude_1.jpg

EDIT: I have changed the timing. This challenge will run through the end of February so keep the UnNude looks coming! 

Re: The UnNude Lip Challenge

Lovely ladies and the lip colour looks so pretty on them all! Nice to see some behind the scenes faces 😊

I have this exact Dior lipstick, and it is one of my favorites! It looks beautiful on each of you! 💕

It looks a very pretty colour which is equally flattering on all of them. @KatieBT Names please, so we can put names on these lovely faces 🙂

Good call 🙂 Added!

Love!!!

Pretty! Looks very wearable and not intimidating lol. 

This weekend I set aside a group of nude based lipsticks I plan to use for the challenge. I'm excited to start this challenge with one of my all time favorite nude lipsticks: YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 70 Le Nu, a creamy nude with a satin finish. 

LCDay1.jpg

Love this @trishavt, and agree your skin and glow look great!! What blush and face makeup are you using?

@scarletb Thank you for your kind words 🙂

To answer your questions, here is a list of the products I used to achieve this look after moisturizing my skin.

1. Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation (I use Shade 117)
2. Makeup Forever HD Pressed Powder
3. Light contour with the bronze shade of the Marc Jacobs Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder (Mirage Filter 40)
4. A mix of Hourglass Luminous Flush blush and Incandescent Electra blush
5. Lastly, to achieve a dewy glow I used Tatcha's Luminous Dewy Skin Mist. I sprayed two spritzes from a distance of about 1-2 feet so a light mist settled on my face.

I hope this helps. If you want more information on my skin care routine feel free to send me a PM.

i love this color on you, and your glow is on point!!

This is so pretty on you and your skin looks amazing!

You're so sweet. Thank you @kso1225 and @Mcakes!

Looks great on you!

So it's a little too dark out for me to take a picture but today's unnude lip is brought to you by Colourpop's ultra glossy lip in tight line.

@fatimamummy i couldn't believe that was MJ Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on you! It's sooo much brighter on me. It's gray and dull outside today so I couldn't fully capture the color, but this was a very light application too (one swipe halfway across my bottom lip, smudged out)

IMG_1702.JPG

Spoiler
I'm testing out a foundation sample today and can't quite tell if it's the right color for me .. so I'm extra camera shy 😛  

@whitepolkydots its look like such a beautiful bright  creamy pink on you

thank you @EmmyLove 🙂

In real life it looks pretty close to how it looks on you. My picture is kind of muted due to bag lighting @whitepolkydots Regardless it looks stunning on you 🙂

ah that's interesting to know! love it on you too 🙂 

I'm wearing Ciate's Liquid Velvet om Pin Up.

It's quite a lovely colour, a plummy berry red.

It's definitely a bold "nude", but still very much appropriate for work (my office, anyway!)

IMG_0493.JPG

Day 1:  Bite Beauty--Leche

I was debating between two colors this morning and went with this one.  I should have gone with the other one!  It didn't quite work with the rest of my makeup.  I am so not used to wearing these colors in the winter!  😄

02-06-2017-Leche.jpg

6 Replies
testing