cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The UnNude Lip Challenge

Unnude_2.jpg

If you're on BeautyTalk, you're probably well-aware of the nude lip trend and may even own a handful (or three) of these shades. While I love the trend, I still can't seem to find my "perfect nude" so I am very excited to start talking more broadly about UnNudes! UnNude lip shades offer a spectrum from standard nude shades to more bold, neutral shades. These are the mauvy brown, deep chocolate, rose-goldy-earth toned neutral shades and they come in a variety of finishes (matte, metallic, creamy and shiny). 

Here's the challenge: rock an UnNude lip look between Monday, February 6th- Tuesday, February 28th. No requirement on how often to post but I'm going to try for every weekday! 

Keep in mind, this challenge overlaps Valentine's Day so I am also challenging you to change it up by wearing a bold neutral instead of the typical red. (Hint: red is not an UnNude!)

Check the spoiler for examples of some of UnNude shades. Can't wait to see your take on neutral lips!

Spoiler
Unnude_1.jpg

EDIT: I have changed the timing. This challenge will run through the end of February so keep the UnNude looks coming! 

Re: The UnNude Lip Challenge

Thanks @Ispend2much6!

its shade 14 from the Japanese brand THREE cosmetics 😊

Thanks!  Now I have to look them up. 🙂  I've been looking for a blush like that.  I wondered about Shu's lilac blush, but this might be better.

Ooh la la, @Mochapj ! Loving your eyes even more than the lippie! 🙂 Gorgeous look!

Aww, thanks @lyravega! It's the new Chanel spring Jardin Lumieres quad 🙂

Day 1: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Vanished 

IMG_2160.JPG

This is Nars Velvet Lip Glide in Bound.  Its a dusty rose, I don't know if this is UnNude, but it is UnNude to me LOL.  This is one of my favorite colors right now 😄 

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

I like your nudes, @jen143xo . 😉

Lighter nudes give me a dawn of the dead-esque vibe, especially with the redness I get in my skin, so I tend to stick to deeper nudes. I hope this still qualifies!

Day 1: Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Rapture

20170206_144555.jpg

I always thought many nude lipsticks washed me out or didn't look quite right, so I did some research about finding the perfect nude lipstick and found an amazing trick--apply Dior Lip Glow in pink underneath nude lipsticks! 

I just happened to already own three Dior Lip Glow lip balms in different shades, and of course I had the pink one. I also have accumulated plenty of nude lipsticks from various palettes, value sets, freebies, etc. So, I tried Lip Glow underneath Charlotte Tilbury's Very Victoria, and the results were magical. This is exactly how the lipstick is supposed to look, that perfect MLBB color!

IMG_1308.JPG

I also tried the Lip Glow underneath Bite's Honeycomb and Urban Decay's 1993 and Ex-girlfriend. Perfect every single time. The Lip Glow added that extra rosy touch I needed to make many nude lipsticks work for me! Obviously, I'm super excited about this.

Tysm for this tip! I feel like most of the cool toned brown nudes that I own don't flatter me so this is such a good way to make them work!

Ahhh what a great tip! I have the same issue as you do with many nude shades - so many of them make me look washed out - so I can't wait to try this trick. Thanks for sharing @txcatx!

I've really been neglecting my nude lipsticks lately so I'm grateful for this challenge! Encourages me to shuffle through my collection again 🙂

I'm in.  For those who might need help (like me), I went to the color IQ and clicked on Nude.  At the top of the next window is a link to a virtual try on, click on this.  On this page, click on the woman's face.  You can upload your own picture or click the X for the box that pops up.

Now you're to the virtual try on.  You can use your own photo or use one of five models.  None looked even close to me.

Where the lipsticks are, click on filter at the top.  What I did was choose the category (I don't have any lip glosses), choose the brands I have, and entered my Color IQ.  Make sure to select Apply.

Now choose Nudes.  Only nude lipsticks in the brands selected supposedly in my Color IQ (some seemed rather dark!) came up.

I did not use a model.  I just clicked through the lipsticks and made note of which colors I have and pulled them out of my collections.

I was surprised at how many so-called nudes I have.  Once I got the idea of what nudes are, I pulled out some other for brands I didn't select or that I thought were "close enough" and put them aside.  I have more than enough, and they're colors I wear quite often--who knew they were nudes!

Sorry for the long post!  I hope this will helps others who are unsure like me...

Oh wow, this really does sound like fun. Plus it'll give me a good excuse to go switch up which lip colors are out in the open for me to see. Thanks Katie! 

i love this challenge @KatieBT! i am in the same boat as you- my lips are pretty pigmented and i am olive toned, so a lot of nudes make me look dead! i am super excited to try out some of the new KVD shades as they look like they would actually work for me! i can't wait to see what everyone is wearing 🙂

Sounds like fun! 🙂

I'm definitely game for this, I've been hoarder lippies that fall into this category for the last couple months! I've never participated in any of the makeup challenges on here before so I am excited to start! 

I am already citing the contender's names in my mind- I have so many!

I'd like to attempt to play along but I might have to stretch the term of UnNude/Nude. 

I am a nude and Unnude lipstick hoarder, so it will be fun.

Cool! I have plenty of those shades lol 😄

testing