Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The Summer Lippie Challenge!

FINALversion.jpg

Welcome to the Summer Lippie Challenge!

We are back with another lip challenge. This season we are challenging all of you to dig into your beauty collections and use up those lip products you’ve been holding onto or looking for an excuse to wear. Of course, we are going to be asking you to post here with information on your lip product of the day which can include a photo of the product, a selfie of your lippie in action, details on why you love it… Share as much as you’d like!

To add some spice to this challenge, we will be focusing on a few different themes each month. Feel free to follow along with the themes below or have fun and post your own take on a summer lip. You can post as frequently as you’d like… This challenge is meant to be a fun space to show off your favorite lip products!

Summer Lippie Challenge Schedule:

• July: Bright colors! Time to bring those hot pinks, muted purples, and cherry reds out of hiding.  
  • August: Glosses! Sparkly, sheer, holographic? All are welcome.   
  • September: Balms! Bring on any and all balms with tint, SPF, etc. 

Let's talk about our favorite summer lippies! 

@Buootiful, After seeing the colors people are posting ar...

@Buootiful, After seeing the colors people are posting are inspiring. I would have never thought of purple but after seeing how great it looks on you it's a definitely try color for me!

Re: @Buootiful, After seeing the colors people are posting ar...

You should try it! This purple and a light purple would look great on you @Luvstravel 

this is such a gorgeous purple @Buootiful

this is such a gorgeous purple @Buootiful

Re: this is such a gorgeous purple @Buootiful

Thank you so much! Yup, i Love purple now! @lmaster 

Re: The Summer Lippie Challenge!

I love the color, @Buootiful! I agree, this is a great collection.

Thank you! Have you used any of that collection? @curlychiquita 

@Buootiful Love that shade!!!!

Thank you! @Cyncynn 

Anonymous Insider

RE: The Summer Lippie Challenge!

played with multicolored lips (and matching hair)!! used Jeffree Star’s velour liquid lip in shade Redrum and Coral Fixation ❤️🧡❤️🧡

Re: RE: The Summer Lippie Challenge!

This looks amazing on you @Anonymous .  What a great hair/lip combo!

You look so pretty @Anonymous 🥰😍 love the JSC combo on your lips and your hair and makeup- perfect

@Anonymous That is a great color with your hair! 

Best,
Rebecca

@Anonymous beautiful multicolor lippie

UGH, I LOVE THIS

very beautiful lip @Brenna1401

very beautiful lip @Anonymous

I love your entire look, @Anonymous!

RE: The Summer Lippie Challenge!

I am wearing Orange Juice from Lime Crime. I love a bright orange, but my lips are suffering now. Liquid lips (even with balms underneath) are a big no for me.

@missjeanie @SportyGirly125 @curlychiquita @BrendaBT 

Thank you so much ladies.

It turns out I am actually allergic and my extreme dryness/irritation is contact dermatitis. I've suspected it since I had cheilitis(which I though was immunity related) really recently and right after using that lip product (with a fresh balm under) it came back. I e-mailed my dermatologist with a photo and she said it was def. an allergy.

I am on a "lip diet" of aquaphor and cortisone for now. 

The Laneige lip mask is a holy grail for me , but I am even avoiding that until I am all healed (since it contains fragrance). I'll add that and other clear products first and products with pigment later. I have a feeling is related to pigment. I'll probably go to a dermatologist specialized in allergies for testing after my move.

Sorry for the long message lol!

I feel you on the liquid lips @Cyncynn .  I can't do them anymore either.  But that orange looks great!

Gorgeous orange on you @Cyncynn 👍👏 love this shade.  Too bD it’s killing the moisture I hate that. I’ll use a gloss to help, but if you like that orange Melt has a bullet that is matte but not as drying as a liquid lipstick.  It’s called Bang Bang.  You look amazing ❤️

@2manyperfumes Thank you so much! I do love oranges, but I am wary of buying any new products at the moment. It turns out that what I have is allergy/contact dermatitis. (every episode takes at leas 10 days to treat) Until I find the ingredient to blame, I'll put off buying any other new lippies 😞

1,967 Replies
testing