Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The Summer Lippie Challenge!

FINALversion.jpg

Welcome to the Summer Lippie Challenge!

We are back with another lip challenge. This season we are challenging all of you to dig into your beauty collections and use up those lip products youโ€™ve been holding onto or looking for an excuse to wear. Of course, we are going to be asking you to post here with information on your lip product of the day which can include a photo of the product, a selfie of your lippie in action, details on why you love itโ€ฆ Share as much as youโ€™d like!

To add some spice to this challenge, we will be focusing on a few different themes each month. Feel free to follow along with the themes below or have fun and post your own take on a summer lip. You can post as frequently as youโ€™d likeโ€ฆ This challenge is meant to be a fun space to show off your favorite lip products!

Summer Lippie Challenge Schedule:

• July: Bright colors! Time to bring those hot pinks, muted purples, and cherry reds out of hiding.  
  • August: Glosses! Sparkly, sheer, holographic? All are welcome.   
  • September: Balms! Bring on any and all balms with tint, SPF, etc. 

Let's talk about our favorite summer lippies! 

Re: The Summer Lippie Challenge!

Pat McGrath Labs BlitzTrance in Rebel Red (the โ€œregularโ€ version, not the super blinged out Starglaze version): this is what I wore all day todayโ€”err, yesterday. I have some of these original BlitzTrance shades and now some of the newer ones, and I think the newer ones are creamier. But I still love Rebel Redโ€™s strawberry sparkle. 

Beauty lighting to show off some of BlitzTrance Rebel Redโ€™s sparkle.Beauty lighting to show off some of BlitzTrance Rebel Redโ€™s sparkle.

Black Moon Black Metals liquid matte in Castle: I put this on 1.5 hours ago for a quick wear test. Itโ€™s the gunmetal lipstick of my dreams, and I canโ€™t believe how comfy it feels (over my usual liquid matte prep of balm + lip primer). Will give it a full day wear test soon, but for now Iโ€™m very impressedโ€”and I hate most liquid matte formulas! 

Sure, gunmetal counts as bright, right? :) Black Moonโ€™s Castle.Sure, gunmetal counts as bright, right? ๐Ÿ™‚ Black Moonโ€™s Castle.

Totally digging both lips you are sporting.  I am so inspired!

I love your various lip color energy!! โคโค

I love your various lip color energy!! โคโค

Hell yeah it counts as bright! I really love the gunmetal on you. It's just a black and white version of "bronzing" for the summer anyways ๐Ÿ™‚ @WinglessOne 

Hmmm, now I need to think of a look to go with my gold blitz trance i bought in December, thanks for reminding me ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks @Buootiful ! I havenโ€™t worn my gold BlitzTrance yet (for BIC) either. That lipstickโ€™s a look all by itself. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

RE: Re: The Summer Lippie Challenge!

Love it! @WinglessOne and love seeing your hair down, super pretty!

Re: RE: Re: The Summer Lippie Challenge!

Thank you @Weetart  @SportyGirly125 !

@WinglessOne Both lippies look great on you

YSL Vernis a Lรจvres in 206 -- I wore this heck out of this a few summers ago.  Still love it!YSL Vernis a Lรจvres in 206 -- I wore this heck out of this a few summers ago. Still love it!Dior Addict Lipstick 751 Exotiqe -- A sheer Coral that is soooo nice to wear.  I'm a fan of sheer these days and I'm a fan of this formula! I don't usually do corals, but this one proves to me that I should consider it more.Dior Addict Lipstick 751 Exotiqe -- A sheer Coral that is soooo nice to wear. I'm a fan of sheer these days and I'm a fan of this formula! I don't usually do corals, but this one proves to me that I should consider it more.Bite Lingonberry -- Part of a duo I bought a few Christmases ago.  Wore nicely until after lunch when it needed a touch up.Bite Lingonberry -- Part of a duo I bought a few Christmases ago. Wore nicely until after lunch when it needed a touch up.

these are all beautiful on you @missjeanie

these are all beautiful on you @missjeanie

I love all these, but that coral. You would look fantastic in a slightly orangey pink one. Just a smidge of an orange tint ๐Ÿ™‚ @missjeanie 

@missjeanie Pinks look great on you! 

Best,

Rebecca

@missjeanie These pink lippies look so good on you!

I especially love that YSL!  It's everything that my Ofra isn't, it looks like. @missjeanie 

I loved the colour on your OFRA @l8totheparty , Iโ€™ve never tried the formula though. Hopefully a primer works!

Those pinks are great lip colors for you, @missjeanie!  I can't usually pull off most true pink lipsticks but they compliment your skintone so well.

Thatโ€™s how I feel about reds and orange based colours on myself @CookieGirl1 ! I canโ€™t believe how many bright pinks I own... where did they all come from? Lol

@missjeanie It is so bright and beautiful, now I want more bright pinks!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

They are all great @missjeanie for their own reasons. But that bite really calls me. So bright! Looks great with the aviators 

@Weetart , I forgot I even owned it! This challenge is reminding me I own so many options that I forget about. Love that itโ€™s forcing me to actually look through what I have!

You sure know how to pick lipstick, they all look good. That last one is diva to the Jessica Rabbit level of flawless 

testing