Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The Summer Lippie Challenge!

FINALversion.jpg

Welcome to the Summer Lippie Challenge!

We are back with another lip challenge. This season we are challenging all of you to dig into your beauty collections and use up those lip products you’ve been holding onto or looking for an excuse to wear. Of course, we are going to be asking you to post here with information on your lip product of the day which can include a photo of the product, a selfie of your lippie in action, details on why you love it… Share as much as you’d like!

To add some spice to this challenge, we will be focusing on a few different themes each month. Feel free to follow along with the themes below or have fun and post your own take on a summer lip. You can post as frequently as you’d like… This challenge is meant to be a fun space to show off your favorite lip products!

Summer Lippie Challenge Schedule:

• July: Bright colors! Time to bring those hot pinks, muted purples, and cherry reds out of hiding.  
  • August: Glosses! Sparkly, sheer, holographic? All are welcome.   
  • September: Balms! Bring on any and all balms with tint, SPF, etc. 

Let's talk about our favorite summer lippies! 

Re: The Summer Lippie Challenge!

@GeorginaBT such a fun challenge. 

Oh, I love the theme idea for this series! I don’t do “seasonal’ lip shades (my motto: all of the colors, all of the time) so it’s hard for me to follow strictly season-based challenges. But when you put more specific parameters on it—like “bright colors”—then I can  more easily participate. 🙂 Hooray! 

Here’s the lipstick I wore yesterday: Origins Blooming Bold Lipstick in Tiger Lily. I darkened the corners with MAC Satin in MAC Red, which I also used as a lip liner. 

Origins Blooming Bold in Tiger Lily. 1: Diffused daylight through closed blinds. 2: Daylight outdoors. 3. Daylight through a window. 4. Fluorescent light.Origins Blooming Bold in Tiger Lily. 1: Diffused daylight through closed blinds. 2: Daylight outdoors. 3. Daylight through a window. 4. Fluorescent light.

I’m very impressed by these new Origins lipsticks. This is the second one I’ve tried so far, and I have a couple more yet to test. They’re comfy on my lips, not drying at all. If they apply a bit streaky (due to their fairly emollient nature), a quick rubbing together of the lips easily evens out the color. They don’t feather or bleed everywhere. And you can see how highly pigmented they are. Tiger Lily isn’t as long lasting as the first shade I tried (Lush Lotus, which didn’t fully come off until I intentionally removed it), but it holds its own for a good 4-5 hours of coffee and water bottle drinks before needing a touch up. It wears down gracefully throughout the day, and it demands attention from everyone around you. 

The Blooming Bolds have a light floral scent, kinda like a combo of rose and freesia. They’re not YSL level fragranced, though. 😄 Tiger Lily seems more scented than Lush Lotus, but I couldn’t smaste (smell-taste) it all day, thank goodness. I wish they had no fragrance at all, but they’re nowhere near headache inducing for me. 

These are by far the best lipsticks Origins has ever made. 

This color looks fab on you in every light @WinglessOne! 🧡

Thanks @itsfi!

So fun @WinglessOne ! I love the new Origins lippies too! Feel great and gooood colors! 

@Sunnysmom  Right? When I wore Tiger Lily, I went on an insomnia-induced shopping spree to 3 beauty stores and a dept store. Employees at each store asked about my lipstick and were shocked when I said it was Origins. 😄 

They also released a sheer line of similar bullets. I haven’t tried one because honestly, I’m much more interested in bold pigmentation. But I’m tempted to try a sheer one just to see how they perform, and because my lipstick addiction knows no bounds. 

@WinglessOne lol lol I’m your sister I’m same! Always looking for next best. It’s a problem. But a fun challenging one. Lol. You are so brave with the other fun colors , I can just do my bright and darks pinks, reds, burgundies etc. I have a few more of Origins I’m still eyeing too! Did you try Bond no 9 , LaBouche Rouge, Lisa E or Rouje etc?! You gotta!! 💋💋

@WinglessOne, I love seeing this months challenge! That c...

@WinglessOne, I love seeing this months challenge! That color looks great.

Re: @WinglessOne, I love seeing this months challenge! That c...

Thanks @Luvstravel

@WinglessOne  this months challenge was made for you!  I love the orange!  

Thanks @heartsmyface

Tiger Lily rocks @WinglessOne  my favourite orange on you besides the MAC lol.  ❤️

Thanks @2manyperfumes! Heh, I’ll wear Habanero soon. 🙂

@WinglessOne ,

I love Tiger Lily on you!  It's indeed Bright!

Thanks @tsavorite

Love Orange on you @WinglessOne 

Thanks @blackkitty2014!

@WinglessOne love this bright color on you 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 ! 

The Summer Lippie Challenge!

love this challenge @GeorginaBT

First! 😂😂😂

Brights are definitely not a challenge for me, so I can kick this one off with the lipstick I wore today 😁

MAC Liptensity in Ambrosial

IMG_20190702_125847026.jpg

1 Reply
testing