cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The Fall Lip Challenge

Fall Lip Challenge Thread.jpg

Okay okay, so I know it isn't *technically* fall quite yet (we just had a heat wave in the Bay Area...) but we are just too excited to break out all of the mauves, browns and deep reds for this festive season! Whatever your take on a Fall lip is, we want to see your pics and hear your thoughts.

Here's the challenge: Dig into your lipstick stash and pull out those fall-themed lippies! Post below with your different looks and, of course, let us know what you're wearing. We love to hear application tips and your thoughts on the product.  

Can't wait to see what you're wearing. 

Re: The Fall Lip Challenge

Beautiful look 🙂 And I'll plainly admit that I've never once used those little spongy applicators that come with eyeshadows, have I been missing out!?

@MissPuff This is very seriously the first time I've ever used one of the sponges! I think I was sitting in my livingroom, admiring the palette and wanted to put it on. I was too lazy to walk the 10 paces to my bedroom for brushes so gave the sponges a go and was really surprised. There is even one that is long and pointy that made applying the darkest shade as a liner incredibly easy. I honestly think they work for this palette because it's shimmery, I am not sure they'd be as useful for other formulas. I have long been a brush snob, so it was a nice discovery!

@NotCrocker there used to be a BTer around these parts named Calamity who used to do the most GORGEOUS eye looks and she used to use sponge applicators all the time. I think the sponge really presses the pigment into the pores instead of it being dusted on like with brushes. I think that's why swatches aren't always an accurate indication of how a shadow is going to look. I think fingers press it in the same way sponges do.

yeah demi glace is on my loves list, and it's about to end up in my cart. love this @NotCrocker!!

Oh man @unfungirl this colour would be so great for you! Can we also talk about how flipping cute the minis are from the holiday set:

IMG_7436.JPGIMG_7437.JPG

I'm still drooling over your Sephora gift. You snagged a great one @NotCrocker. So jealous!

I like this lippie on you. Appropriately fall like without being too dark or heavy 😉

Thanks @jozkid! Yeah, I feel insanely lucky still. I am happily using all my gratis stuff because everything they sent was so wonderful! 

And yes! This lip is like "subtle fall"! I am still building my dark lip comfort (bright reds and occasional bright purples, no problem, but slightly dark and my confidence wavers), so this was a nice transition!

@NotCrocker,  Absolutely beautiful on you!

Thanks @tsavorite

Great color

Thanks @howconnie! I've been loving the looks you are posting lately! 

@NotCrocker This is a beautiful shade on you. I feel like the color compliments your coloring and brings out the chocolate tones in your hair. You look fabulous!

Haha @Glitternoodle I am relieved you say that! I've been noticing more rando greys than usual, so I am happy that they aren't being showcased here! 

Such a gorgeous fall shade on you @NotCrocker! You look radiant today. Glad to know you love Honeymoon, I still need to try a Tom Ford quad.

Thanks so much @blueviolet21! It's a really beautiful palette and really easy to use! The shades apply nicely and blend well, though I do find they are darker than expected, so that was my learning curve with it!

Bite in cream IMG_20170920_154255.jpg

😍 this nude 

Really lovely! @howconnie

It's a perfect nude colour for you @howconnie!

Thanks, With all these the compliments I'm getting, got me thinking maybe I should run get a backup 👀

such a perfect nude on you!!!

very pretty @howconnie! and your skin is positively radiant!

8,129 Replies
testing