Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

Hello BIC! Can you guys all believe October is almost coming to an end? We’re so excited it’s officially fall, which means it’s time of to bring out the browns, nudes, mauves, maroons, plums and all of our fall-color lippies.

It’s sad but true that we don’t have a typical “fall” season here in San Francisco but all of us are still embracing the new season, and that’s what counts!

On the heels of the 100 days of lipstick challenge and to get into the fall season, we are bringing back one of our favorite threads from last year, the Fall Lip Challenge! Let’s talk about all of your fall lipsticks, glosses, mattes, stained looks, liners and lipcare regiments. Use this thread to check in with others and post photos of your looks, products and swatches – whatever you want to share! Of course, we also want to know your thoughts, tips and honest reviews on all of the lip products you’re wearing or testing out this fall.

To get us started we took our first fall lip challenge photo @LexBT wearing Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Walk of Shame, @KatieBT is wearing Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Kristin, and I decided to start this challenge with one of my HG, Too Faced Melted Chocolate Lipstick in the shade Chocolate Honey.

1falllip.jpg2falllip.jpg

We cannot wait to see your fall lip looks!

In case you haven’t participated in a challenge before here’s an overview on how to join in on the fun:

1. Shop your stash! Many of us have cosmetics drawers full of lipstick so it’s a great chance to fall back in love with your faves
  2. Share your pictures! We love to see what you’re wearing so photos and swatches are encouraged
  3. Tips and technique wanted! We love photos but want to hear about how you applied, your lip care regimen, etc.
  4. Post as often as you’d like. You can post daily (highly encouraged) or pop in every week… Up to you!
  5. Have fun! We are here to celebrate lipstick after all.

If you're taking photos of your looks for the challenge, be sure to cross-post to the Gallery for a chance to win a fall beauty bundle worth over $500 USD. Details below in the spoiler!

Spoiler

Re: The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

I’m so glad you (and a few other BICers) turned me on to them @MissPuff. The formula is nothing short of amazing. And the price!  How many times can you not feel guilty about buying 5 lipsticks at a shot?

@jozkid Lovely as always! Berries are definitely your shade. I really love the CP luxe lips!

Thanks @unfungirl!  I own enough of those berry shades, don’t I?  Lol!  And yes, the ColourPop Creme Luxe lippies are this hidden treasure. They really are great quality and the price is fab!

love that! @jozkid btw I ordered at least 3 different red...

love that! @jozkid btw I ordered at least 3 different red shades from the sale,, have not had a chance to even open my boxes yet! but you will see them soon 😘

Re: love that! @jozkid btw I ordered at least 3 different red...

I can’t wait @lmaster!  I’m sure you’re going to look amazing in ALL of them!

Re: love that! @jozkid btw I ordered at least 3 different red...

You are just too sweet!! @jozkid

This is Bite Mauvember 2016. I was looking forward to this year’s iteration to add to 2016 and 2017 but I guess they aren’t doing it 😕 Of all the mauves I have (and I have a lot...), the Mauvember shades are my favorite. 

36CD9195-1A62-495D-B610-499128110656.jpeg

@alexasteph this is quite unique color. Looks great on you!! 

Huh, you’re right @alexasteph. They didn’t do them this year. 😞. I looked forward to them

@alexasteph such a lovely color for fall!!

@alexasteph such a lovely color for fall!!

Re: @alexasteph such a lovely color for fall!!

@lmaster Yes, I really love Bite’s shades! Definitely my favorite!

My lips (and skin in general) have been a mess because Mother Nature can't decide if she wants the daytime temperatures in my city to be 50 degrees or 80 degrees this season. So, drying matte lipsticks have been a definite no, and I've been reaching for my current favorite lip formula, the Shiseido VisionAiry Gel lipsticks.

E5372E58-BCF9-4EE3-97FD-1571D13682EE.jpeg

1. Shiseido VisionAiry Gel Lipstick Vortex

2. Shiseido VisionAiry Gel Lipstick Streaming Mauve

3. SEPHORA COLLECTION #LIPSTORIES Lipstick 32 Berry-Licious

@txcatx Now I want to try thw Ahiseido lipstyeven more!!! Great color choices!!

I agree with @lmaster, they all look great on you! Still can’t get over how different Streaming Mauve looks on you-it’s much more pink on me. I think it looks way better on you😄

those are all beautiful shades! @txcstx

those are all beautiful shades! @txcstx

This seemed fitting for today

PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Guineverewith NYX Suede lip liner

@ElleElleG Ummm love this! I have this color (along with at least 5 more PMG lipsticks) on my loves list! It’s perfect with your sticker 😊

😆 your Pat McGrath love continues to expand LOL!  I definitely think you'll enjoy this shade.

great voting color 😉 @ElleElleG

great voting color 😉 @ElleElleG

Re: great voting color 😉 @ElleElleG

Thanks @lmaster , a power red lip to emphasize the day LOL!

From late last night. I'll have to share a post of how this looks in natural daylight, it's a great grab and go shade for me.

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Matte Lipstick - Rust

1,166 Replies
Photos147
  • 2falllip.jpg
  • 1falllip.jpg
  • Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid pigment in Iced Out
  • fall lip 1.jpg
  • B1D2780A-B9CB-4741-A4BF-42433C4153F5.jpeg
  • F040F6B3-637D-491F-B105-40D3D1F2797C.jpeg
  • CAD9A3E9-2A55-4E4D-95EA-30A853DF474D.jpeg
  • C162B93F-CC1D-4A06-A82D-24CCB3FCBF6D.jpeg
  • 23BB6F9D-5050-4A5A-AF3C-B2A60D5DB041.jpeg