Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

Hello BIC! Can you guys all believe October is almost coming to an end? We’re so excited it’s officially fall, which means it’s time of to bring out the browns, nudes, mauves, maroons, plums and all of our fall-color lippies.

It’s sad but true that we don’t have a typical “fall” season here in San Francisco but all of us are still embracing the new season, and that’s what counts!

On the heels of the 100 days of lipstick challenge and to get into the fall season, we are bringing back one of our favorite threads from last year, the Fall Lip Challenge! Let’s talk about all of your fall lipsticks, glosses, mattes, stained looks, liners and lipcare regiments. Use this thread to check in with others and post photos of your looks, products and swatches – whatever you want to share! Of course, we also want to know your thoughts, tips and honest reviews on all of the lip products you’re wearing or testing out this fall.

To get us started we took our first fall lip challenge photo @LexBT wearing Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Walk of Shame, @KatieBT is wearing Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Kristin, and I decided to start this challenge with one of my HG, Too Faced Melted Chocolate Lipstick in the shade Chocolate Honey.

1falllip.jpg2falllip.jpg

We cannot wait to see your fall lip looks!

In case you haven’t participated in a challenge before here’s an overview on how to join in on the fun:

1. Shop your stash! Many of us have cosmetics drawers full of lipstick so it’s a great chance to fall back in love with your faves
  2. Share your pictures! We love to see what you’re wearing so photos and swatches are encouraged
  3. Tips and technique wanted! We love photos but want to hear about how you applied, your lip care regimen, etc.
  4. Post as often as you’d like. You can post daily (highly encouraged) or pop in every week… Up to you!
  5. Have fun! We are here to celebrate lipstick after all.

If you're taking photos of your looks for the challenge, be sure to cross-post to the Gallery for a chance to win a fall beauty bundle worth over $500 USD. Details below in the spoiler!

Spoiler

RE: Re: The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

Love me some red, very nice!

Re: The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

This is red is a show stopper @Samtian ; love it!

@Samtian Beautiful vibrant berry shade!! It really pops on your skin tone. 

@Samtian such a pretty color! are you wearing a tank top?...

@Samtian such a pretty color! are you wearing a tank top?? you must have some decent weather your way!

Re: @Samtian such a pretty color! are you wearing a tank top?...

@lmaster Thanks! Yep a tank top lol it is a high of 37 today!

Re: @Samtian such a pretty color! are you wearing a tank top?...

Omg @Samtian I'm freezing and it's 50 lol

RE: The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

Too Faced Matte Liquid Lipstick In Queen B 👑 💄Another one of my ultimate favorites💯🥰

Re: RE: The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

@TessaRaeann very pretty pinky nude!!

beautiful color on you @TessaRaeann

beautiful color on you @TessaRaeann

RE: The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

I LOVEE the Sephora matte lipstick in rouge 😍 lasted ALL night long 🌹💋💯♥️

Re: RE: The 2018 Fall Lip Challenge!

@TessaRaeann This is perfect fall/winter shade. Your whole look is very well put together 👍🏻👍🏻

gorgeous dress! looks like you had a blast @TessaRasann

gorgeous dress! looks like you had a blast @TessaRasann

Crossposting from 100 Days of Lipstick thread. This is Bite Plum which was a LE from the holidays a few years back. They had a bunch of great shades that year!

Bite PlumBite Plum

@jozkid Gorgeous!! Your whole looks is just perfect! What did you use on your eyes? Such a pretty shade💕

Thanks @katkapivarci!  Ah, that’s my new toy!  It was my last hurrah purchase with the 20% off last weekend — VIOLET VOSS - Fun Sized Mini Eyeshadow Palette - Crème Brûlée

It’s really pretty, nice quality, the shimmers behave and best of all... its $18!  And in my case, minus 20%. You should check them out!

love that shade @jozkid so happy to see you back!

love that shade @jozkid so happy to see you back!

I’ve been wanting to share a bit about my lip care regimen! ☺️November hasn’t been too cold, but thanks to the Chinooks that we’ve been having, it’s been pretty windy which has contributed to my dry skin and lips. To help combat that I’ve been really relying on Drunk Elephant Lippe and Bite Agave lip mask. 0E11E0D3-5D48-4290-AB68-655F5D089A8E.jpeg

I love applying Lippe after I finish my skincare routine, and then I top it off with the Bite lip mask before I go to bed- it really helps to keep one in my nightstand drawer so I can just reach for it after getting cozy. If my lips are very dry, like after wearing a matte liquid lip all day, I apply a drop of Marula oil first, and then Lippe, topped with Bite. It just locks in that hydration and my lips feel totally replenished and soothed! I also really love the Laneige Lip Sleeping mask, but I’ve been using the Bite more because it has a thicker consistency that feels like it holds everything else on. 

@bakeamuffin Thank you for sharing this! I love the Agave mask and I’m actually planning to buy the Lippe. 

I hope you enjoy lippe @katkapivarci,

it’s so nice on its own or layered under a lip mask. ☺️ 

that's a great idea @bakeamuffim I never thought to use t...

that's a great idea @bakeamuffin I never thought to use that oil on my lips

Re: that's a great idea @bakeamuffim I never thought to use t...

It’s been so nice for my lips @lmaster, they stay much softer ☺️

1,166 Replies
Photos147
  • 2falllip.jpg
  • 1falllip.jpg
  • Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid pigment in Iced Out
  • fall lip 1.jpg
  • B1D2780A-B9CB-4741-A4BF-42433C4153F5.jpeg
  • F040F6B3-637D-491F-B105-40D3D1F2797C.jpeg
  • CAD9A3E9-2A55-4E4D-95EA-30A853DF474D.jpeg
  • C162B93F-CC1D-4A06-A82D-24CCB3FCBF6D.jpeg
  • 23BB6F9D-5050-4A5A-AF3C-B2A60D5DB041.jpeg