Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Summer Lips!

@ShiraBT and I have been patiently waiting for summer to begin so we could start sharing our favorite summery lip products.

Shira is wearing Lancome and I'm reliving my youth with a lip gloss by ABH in Kristen.

Summer Look  1.jpg

Do you have a go-to summer lip? Let's see!

Re: Summer Lips!

That lip color looks perfect with your hair!

Bite Multistick Mochi!

IMG_7546.JPG

@fatimamummy I am REALLY interested in this shade on you! First, you look great, as always! Second, love the colour-coordination. Third, the reason I am so interested in this particular colour on you is because it's sooo much more pinky than I've seen it elsewhere (in a promo on Instagram, and on Temptalia) but a lot more like my own experience with it.

I got the deluxe size of it and need to take it for a proper spin!

@fatimamummy  I think I need to pay close attention to your lipstick shades, because I think we have the same lip coloring.  I love this!

I stopped by Ulta today in search of Nars lip glife set,...

I stopped by Ulta today in search of Nars lip glide set, which sadly they didn't have stocked yet at my store. So instead I came home with a Smashbox Always On liquid lippie in Out Loud- love the shade but not in love with the formula just yet. Looks a little more orange in the pic than irl.

Re: I stopped by Ulta today in search of Nars lip glife set,...

@sn22 It looks lovely on you. Some people really enjoy the smash box liquid lip and say that the formula is under rated. Thanks for your thoughts. 

Re: I stopped by Ulta today in search of Nars lip glife set,...

I find the Smashbox Always On formula varies quite a bit between colors, some are patchier and never full dry down, while others are opaque right away and dry full matte. 

This is I Always, new Hourglass ultra slim lipstick - new testers at Sephora. Ignore the rest of my face, it was the end of a long day!! I really like the formula, but this color is probably too similar to a few others I have (swatches below). Can't decide if I have to have one of these gold lipsticks or not!

IMG_0600.JPGFrom L to R: Bite HOF, Hourglass Fever, Hourglass I AlwaysFrom L to R: Bite HOF, Hourglass Fever, Hourglass I Always

@sister13 looking good!! That's a  gorgeous color on you! I really need to pick one of those lipsticks up but it's so hard to choose a color!

This is such a great color on you @sister13. But I need to add that you have the most beautiful eyes and your skin is glowing! I would never know this was the end of a long day because you look stunning.

Aw thanks @bem564, so sweet of you! I've been much more diligent and consistent about skincare lately and it's paying off. 

Not quite a summer color, it's a bit deeper/less rosy in person, giving me some fall vibes, but I couldn't resist trying out the new ABH matte lipstick.

DSC_3601.JPG

ABH Matte Lipstick in Rosewood - The formula is quite stiff, not really creamy at all, but very lightweight. Definitely matte, I cheated and put a little balm in the center otherwise it felt a little dry (which I think mattes are supposed to do?). Loving the color, excited to try the other two colors (Dead Roses and Plumeria) I picked up during National Lipstick Day.

I love this on you @MissPuff! I almost bought rosewood  during the promotion, but I went with rogue, dead roses and dusty mauve.  I agree that the formula is very theft, and I found that a lip primer really helps it go on easier. I love how long lasting they are, and not as drying as a liquid lipstick.

@MissPuff this shade looks beautiful on you!!!  

@ElleElleG Thank you! It wore surprisingly well too, made it through dinner 🙂

....Blame KVD

Kat Von D SinnerKat Von D Sinner

(topped with Aquaphor to combat the dry formula).

Sinner is a stunner on you @ElleElleG

Thanks ladies @blackkitty2014 @fatimamummy 💕💕

Wow, i love KVD Sinner on you @ElleElleG

@trishavt @ElleElleG i love the ABH lip primer underneath any drying formula! i swore by MAC prep and prime before i went totally CF, and it works too!

@unfungirl @trishavt I've never tried a lip primer before.  Before I wear any lipstick (etc.) I just apply some type of balm a bit before I apply the lip product and it usually lasts all day.

@trishavt I find the KVD is so much more wearable when you place something underneath or on top of it for moisture.  Since I applied the Aquaphor a couple hours ago I haven't needed to reapply.  The ELL still looks like I just applied it moments ago and that's after drinking coffee & an impromptu nap 😊

8 Replies
testing