Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Summer Lips!

@ShiraBT and I have been patiently waiting for summer to begin so we could start sharing our favorite summery lip products.

Shira is wearing Lancome and I'm reliving my youth with a lip gloss by ABH in Kristen.

Summer Look  1.jpg

Do you have a go-to summer lip? Let's see!

Re: Summer Lips!

@MSena  oooh thank you for the tip on where to get the gloss - it's just too cute for words and if it's also scented and flavoured well... I just need to have it. lol. I am checking them out on Amazon and I see that they have a water tint for cheeks and lipst but it looks sheer not opaque which I like (looks similar to Benefit Benetint which I love and need to replace but it's just a bit pricey) and I was wondering if you had tried this tint? : )

I got the new FRESH Sugar Lip Caramel lip balm just because I was hoping it would be flavoured and it smells amazing but the flavour is not at all strong just a tiny hint of something sweet but that's about it but it's a good balm but still... I want a flavour punch in the mouth! lol. Sorry I'm being weird, moving on...

Hahaha yes! I've tried all of the different Melona flavours even the coconut one and I will say that while Strawberry and Mango are pretty good nothing - to my mind - beats the original Melona. Hehehe you're right though it is funny they're all called Melona.  I can't get over how much it tastes EXACTLY like honey dew melon but a little sweeter and frostier and creamier.  I have a stash in my fridge because I like to tell myself it's not too bad a snack being something in the vicinity of 120 calories.  I had convinced myself it was "almost like a fruit snack" until I read the ingredient list and I was thunderstruck to see that it's not full of honey dew melon - I don't even know HOW they made it taste exactly like honey dew without putting a bunch in there but it doesn't taste like a chemical flavour at all! : )

@MSena Hi! : ) It's called the Etude House Dear Darling Watertint (I'm going to post a pic at the bottom of this comment) by the way I'm sorry I'm having trouble responding directly to your comment in the tread it seems I can respond to some but not others... Oh me tooooo! Benefit Benetint was the first pricey product I purchased for myself! : ) So - ok - it seems like I really need to try Cha Cha tint though because i've never even tried it! : O

Oh wow, wow, wow, reading your snack descriptions really made me drool - those ice cream bars sound amazing I was totally drooling - thank you for describing these to me and sending me the names I'm now definitely going to a) keep an eye out for those and b) bring this list to my local store to see if they might be able to order some of these (they are really nice at my local store and since I shop there so much they sometimes will order stuff if I ask and they are in a position to do it).  Woohooo! I especially loved the sound of the Bosuk Bar - that sounds delicious and SO pretty as well! I'm a sucker for any multi-coloured food (well - rainbow or sparkly anything to be fair but food especially lol).  My friend did give me Babambar (Chestnut ice cream bar) to try though and I thought that was fabulous - it was like a super gourmet kind of ice cream bar I thought! lol.  I wish more places carried the ice cream snacks they sound so much better than the same old stuff we always have!   here's the pic of the etude water tint (I think the description says it smells like fruit!): : )

Etude House Dear Darling Water Tint (sorry about the blue thing lol)Etude House Dear Darling Water Tint (sorry about the blue thing lol)

@RoseCharlie Didn't get the notification again 😞 

Was the cheek tint you saw an Etude product? Could you specify the name? 

Btw I also adore benetint. That was one of the first pricey tints I ever used. In high school, there was always a  small sample version of benetint in my purse, up until Chacha tint became my favorite. 

Did you ever try other Korean ice cream bars? I've a few that's my favorites. 

There's "Bosuk Bar" (Jewel bar. Has itty colorful bits of ice buried within a yogurt-sherbet bar) and "Ok-dong-ja" (Layer of milky vanilla ice cream surrounding a chocolate shell surrounding the center of cookies&cram ice cream). And "Dueji-bar" (A lot like the Strawberry Shortcake bars common in the US, but with an chocolatey crunch layer.)

OMG I would purchase this for the packaging alone. 

@ElleElleG I so did that haha. There's also a "red bean" themed one that was popular, but this was cuter. 

@MSenaOooh how beautiful! Thank you for the swatches! I have a question - is that cute watermelon lip tint flavoured? I know that some people prefer unscented/unflavoured but i wish they made more flavoured lipsticks that had a scent AND a taste! lol.

@RoseCharlie I didn't get the notification for this reply! 

I bought mine in Korea but you can grab them on amazon or ebay. 

I adore melona too! It's hilarious to me that they came out with a banana and strawberry (and mango!) version, mostly because the name clearly aludes to "melon." Melonas are great to snack on after a sauna session 🙂

@MSenaYay flavoured!!!! : ) Oh now I really must have it!! How do i get this thing?! Ooooh I would love to try that bar - I feel like Korean ice cream snacks are the best - I've tried a few but right now my fridge is ALWAYS stocked with Melona bars those are my fave ice cream snacks ATM because they taste JUST like honeydew melon! Haha I don't mind a bit of chemical flavouring I'm always eternally buying lip products that are scented and I'm disappointed when they are not flavoured lol.

@RoseCharlie

It's certainly scented! I wouldn't call it watermelon, but it's sweet and fruity. 

The taste, when it involuntarily gets in my mouth, is chemically sweet... which is a bit bleghh lol 

I love the etude watermelon! Thanks for posting!

RE: Summer Lips!

Colorpop Ultra Satin in Cozy. I love these orange reds!

Re: RE: Summer Lips!

Ohh gorgeous summer color! You look beautiful @k617 🙂

RE: Summer Lips!

@k617 I love cozy! Its gorgeous on you!

Beautiful @k617

k617 wrote:

Colorpop Ultra Satin in Cozy. I love these orange reds!

Just perfection!!

@k617You can rock orange reds like no one else I love them on you! Beautiful! 💕

@k617 that is a truly incredible color on you. So so flattering

@k617 And those orange reds love you, beautiful.

@darkiceis was about to say something similar, but you said it better. 

Holy mind reader @darkiceis! That was exactly what I was going to say! Lol!

10 Replies
testing