Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Summer Lips!

@ShiraBT and I have been patiently waiting for summer to begin so we could start sharing our favorite summery lip products.

Shira is wearing Lancome and I'm reliving my youth with a lip gloss by ABH in Kristen.

Summer Look  1.jpg

Do you have a go-to summer lip? Let's see!

Re: Summer Lips!

@RoseCharlie you look gorgeous, as always! You can definitely rock the bright pinks. 

I'm loving your wavy hair. It's so hot and humid here that I've given up straightening mine as well!

@unfungirlThanks gorgeous! : ) Haha I hear ya there have been a few times this summer where I did my blowdry only to have it curl right back up 30 minutes later.  That's when I knew I was beaten lol.

Wow! That's a beautiful lip shade, your hair is gorgeous.

@Girly2ShoesThank you so much! 💕 : )

I managed to pick that one up yesterday. Tried it on last night and I love it! It looks beautiful on you — but I'm thinking that's not very hard to do, gorgeous! 😉

@jozkidOh nice! : ) I feel like it's a very wearable bright pink that works even if you're trying to be more casual.  I can't to see how it looks on you! And thank you so much for being so sweet lovely! 💕

You make me wish I would have picked up that point perk! And I cannot believe this is your natural hair texture. You are so lucky!

@kso1225Ooooh thank you so much that is super kind and sweet! : )  I've been so happy with the 100-point reward selection they bring in once a month they've had such good stuff there that I'm always picking up 100-point perks.  I notice that some of the perks sometimes last a couple weeks longer at my local Sephora stores (I was at my local store in Toronto very recently and they still had the NARS and Givenchy lipstick perks) so if you ever see anything you missed and really wanted and it's not too much of a pain to get to a store I always think that's worth a try! : )  My natural hair is sort of "in-between curly" like it doesn't make beautiful curls mostly just frizz and the dying does't help the friziness but that's what my hair will get to when I blow-dried it straight a few days ago and it's started to curl back up again.  The only thing I find a bit annoying is that I find my roots always look so flat compared to the bottom of my hair but I started using Bumble and Bumble's "Pret-a-Powder" dry shampoo just at the root between washings and I find that it lifts my root a lot more than spray-in dry shampoos (though I still think the spray is a bit nicer for texture that's lower down from the scalp/root.

@RoseCharlie Your natural waves are so pretty! You can wear anything.  Everyone here is so great-looking, it's skewing my expectations for the world. 

@fairlywellOh thank you!!! : ) Hahahaha I feel that way too when I see everyone's pictures I can never get over what a beautiful bunch of ladies you all are! For my part though, I only post flattering pictures and there's a bit of artful photography involved... My condo has very, very bright souther exposure and if take pictures I usually do it facing the light in the daytime because I find that overhead night lighting is not as kind.  Literally beam a bunch of light in my face though and almost everything goes away (in the photo though I wish it worked like that in real life).  I should probably add that people who know me, when they see a picture of me, always say "wow you REALLY are SO photogenic" (in a way that makes it rather clear that they think I look much better in pictures than in real life) which is nice though I remember there were a couple of assistants at my old job who were quite masterful in the art of the subtle put down who would always look at the team/group picture we took for the annual report and say "look how beautiful you look here, too bad it's only in pictures that you ever look this nice - BUT - you really do look nice here my dear, you should be SO happy about that picture.  Frame it maybe!" hahahaha.  The only  person who has ever thought I looked better in real life than in photos is my big sister because she is biased and also because she is very fond of the weird expressions and facial contortions I make when expressing myself and she's sad that I look "generic" (as she puts it) in pictures. lol.

Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a great summer so far.

I haven't been wearing much makeup lately but I decided to do a full face recently. I then decided to drive up to the mountains and go on a hike because it was such a beautiful day.

Give me fresh air and the mountains any day! 🙂 

IMG_4212.JPG

@jesscheems @unfungirl @kso1225 @fairlywell @RoseCharlie aw thanks so much! You are all so sweet. 🙂 

@trishavt OMG if only I looked like you when I was hiking!! You look terrific!

@trishavt  how are you such a babe even on a hike? I would be a hot mess! I really love that lip color and blush combo!

How do you look this amazing on a hike? I end up a sweaty mess and my makeup would be all over the place!  I don't know if it's the exercise or the makeup but your complexion looks so healthy.

Have to get the natural lighting, right @trishavt? You look beautiful!

@trishavtYou look beautiful, so pretty! : ) I bet you will be the most chic hiker anyone has ever seen! : )

NARS velvet lip liner 'waimae' + NARS velvet lip glide 'rapture' from the LE lip glide set.

rapture is a rose with a hint of coral. comparatively, playpen (from the permanent range) is a coral with a hint of rose.

rapture.jpg

I like how your makeup is saying "nbd, just a super natural easygoing look" and your face is like "don't be so sure about that." @jemly

@jemlyThis is a very nice combo - the peach/roses and corals are so lovely!

RE: Summer Lips!

Givenchy le rouge two-tone in Violine. This is after a few hours when it dries down to a matte finish. Tried to post after first applying when it looks glossy and rich and you can still see the dual coloration [comma] but the post got eaten when I tried to post and edit from the iPad. I will have to try again another time. Love this very much! Sorry for the robot speech and choppy sentences but no commas on mobile!

6 Replies
testing