Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Suggestions for a great natural and easy tinted lipbalm/gloss/etc?

So, I have a habit of mostly defaulting to samples and colors that I get from FGWPs from various brands, or getting here from points, etc.

First of all, and imo, I think I  have to start out by sharing one that of my most loved products that I’ve always always been a big fan of is Fresh’s Sugar tinted lip balm treatment, and I know that requires a lot of reapplication, I don’t really have a problem with reapplying. Admittedly, I often wait for deals with packs for Sugar tinted lip balm and honestly haven’t purchased them recently. No matter how much I’ve adored this product, I’ve ended up with many FGWP lip colors, however they’re mostly lipstick, or, and very fortunate for me, Clique’s Black Honey

Clique’s Black Honey Almost Lipstick replaced Sugar tinted balm probably bc of color, but I’m searching for more now.

So, aside from other lipstick from FGWP, another I liked enough to actually buy a full size was Fenty’s Fu$$y Gloss Bomb, it was used when I got a beauty service years ago, so I purchased a full size then. If you’ve tried it before it I think you already know it’s a little sticky but it’s pretty…

I really want to know if there are better/other options or recommendations out there that y’all can share.   

TL;DR

I really need a go-to lip product, possibly  color if you have any recommendations, that isn’t intense like a lipstick that I lightly pat on my lips and then end up needing to add chapstick or something similar on top, because that’s not ideal and really doesn’t work well.

So, something that’s easy to have on hand/simple/nice, has a color or tint that’s easy to apply whenever, and works on “no make up” days. Or really just whenever. 

I hope someone’s able to help.

💖

fresh Sugar Lip Balm Hydrating Treatment 

CLINIQUE Almost Lipstick Black Honey 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer FU$$Y 

fresh Sugar Lip Balm Hydrating Treatment Rose 

Re: Bomb Lip Balms: The Search for my HG 

Re: Suggestions for a great natural and easy tinted lipbalm/gloss/etc?

one of my favorite tinted lip balms is ILIA Balmy Tint Hydrating Lip Balm Hold Me its moisturizing and they have some really pretty shades! 

You may want to check out the following lip products @danielamarie. Clarins Lip Comfort Hydrating Oil Pitaya . I actually forgot to remove it before bedtime and I woke up with hydrated lips. It comes in a variety of colors. Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Mango Kiss . The watermelon kiss shade is a light pink and is fairly pigmented. This is another hydrating lip balm which is scented. I’m able to apply without a mirror. My other suggestion is LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss George . It comes in a variety of shades. I received this in a gratis package a few years ago and it is consistently in my lip rotation.

@danielamarie, have you looked through the thread you tagged by @JoSometimes , the Bomb Lip Balms! .  There are some really good suggestions in there, along with people's preferences.

I'm not a big balm person, but I will do a glossy lip more often than I used to, so these are my picks as of recent:

CAY SKIN Isle Lip Balm SPF 30 with Sea Moss and Aloe Stem Cells 

Fenty Skin Fenty Treatz Hydrating + Strengthening Lip Oil Cherry 

Ami Colé Hydrating Lip Treatment Oil 

bareMinerals Mineralist Lip Gloss Balm(best balm gloss hybrid, ever)

I also like Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine Poppy , I just don't reach for it that often, but it has a really nice tint.

Rare Beauty also has a great gloss balm that isn't sticky, @Loretta55 pointed this out, Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Stay Vulnerable Glossy Lip Balm 

@danielamarie @danielledanielle I’ve only tried clear lip balms. There’s only two that I can remember that have a tinted version, Cover Girl Clean Fresh Tinted Lip Balm and SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Lip Balm & Scrub Coconut (the other flavours are mildly tinted). I really liked the Sephora Collection one. It went on smoothly and was very moisturizing and I could feel relief pretty quickly. The cover girl one was thick and didn’t go smoothly, nor was it helpful in the moisture department. I know some people recommended it as a dupe for pricier lip colour from Clinique (old thread on here somewhere). If you’re in it more for the colour, it might be worth checking out.

And yes, please check out the lip balm thread! There’s tons of great suggestions on there!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing