Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Some New Kat Von D Studded Lipstick Swatches

I just wanted to share some swatches of a few of the new Studded lipsticks. I received a surprise package from Sephora, with these three beauties inside. I was so excited to try these out! I received the colors Ludwig, L.u.v., and Outlaw.

The new formula is made with macadamia nut oil, and shea butter to help keep lips nourished and hydrated. So if anyone has a nut allergy, please keep this in mind.

To be completely honest I was kind of nervous about L.u.v, as the previous formula wasn't the best for this shade. I'm happy to report this formula is worlds better compared to the old formula! All three are extremely pigmented, soft and creamy, without being slippery, or wearing the lipstick itself down. Outlaw has some micro shimmer in it, but you can't really see it on the lips. It just adds some dimension to the shade, so it's not a shimmer lipstick by any means. They do have a very strong vanilla like scent to them, so if you're sensitive to scent, keep that in mind. The scent did dissipate after 30 minutes or so (for me anyways).

I found the lasting power of these to be pretty typical of a traditional lipstick, around 5 hours. This is not an issue at all for me, as I am very used to wearing and applying traditional tube lipsticks. Overall I am extremely happy with all three of them! I do plan to buy more from the line, and hope that the other shades are just as wonderful! I'll have lips swatches up hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday if anyone is interested.

Pics in the spoilers

Spoiler
L-R: L.u.v. , Ludwig, OutlawL-R: L.u.v. , Ludwig, OutlawLudwig - A light medium nude brown, with a slight pink undertone.Ludwig - A light medium nude brown, with a slight pink undertone.L.u.v. - A midtone purple with strong pink undertones.L.u.v. - A midtone purple with strong pink undertones.Outlaw - A true medium bright red, with micro shimmer throughout.Outlaw - A true medium bright red, with micro shimmer throughout.Ludwig closeupLudwig closeupL.u.v. closeupL.u.v. closeupOutlaw closeupOutlaw closeupKVDAll2.pngSwatches on fair skin.Swatches on fair skin.Swatches on tan skin (courtesy of my husband ;) )Swatches on tan skin (courtesy of my husband 😉 )

Re: Some New Kat Von D Studded Lipstick Swatches

I really love this lipstick.  It’s just the right formula for me and I like how if applies and wears.  My new favorite.

RE: Some New Kat Von D Studded Lipstick Swatches

The nude is stunning

@candyrivera Congrats, and thanks for the swatches! Glad to hear you are liking the formula! 

@candyrivera - Congratulations on receiving these three colors gratis!  How awesome!  Thanks for the great pics and swatches.  Thank your husband too.  😉  I'm really looking forward to purchasing one (or two or...) of these lipsticks!

Congrats on your gift @candyrivera love that you got the hubby involved😂🤣 outlaw looks gorgeous thanks for the swatches and review 

Congratulations on receiving this gratis @candyrivera! Your looks are stunning, they picked the perfect girl to test and wear these! Thank you for a great rundown and feedback on the product, I’ve been really excited to get some of these! 😄

Aww thank you for the kind words! It's funny because the lipstick I tried of the old formula was l.u.v. and I returned it, and never gave any other shades a try. Now I want more lol!

It's nice to see you back, @candyrivera!  Congratulations on this awesome surprise gift!!!

Thank you so very much for the swatches and your thoughts!  I haven't had a chance to pick any of these up yet, but have been nervous about the formula because I love my Studded Kiss lippies so much!  Your reviews have greatly reassured me!  

TBH - I am most excited that it sounds like they still have that awesome cupcake fragrance that I love soooooo much!!!!  lol!

Also - Your pictures are stunning!  Thanks again for sharing!!! ❤️

Thank you! It is good to be back! I hope to be more social now that all the holidays are over lol. I've missed all the kind and funny ladies here!

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 41 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos10
  • L-R: L.u.v. , Ludwig, Outlaw
  • Ludwig - A light medium nude brown, with a slight pink undertone.
  • L.u.v. - A midtone purple with strong pink undertones.
  • Outlaw - A true medium bright red, with micro shimmer throughout.
  • Ludwig closeup
  • L.u.v. closeup
  • Outlaw closeup
  • KVDAll2.png
  • Swatches on fair skin.
  • Swatches on tan skin (courtesy of my husband ;) )
testing