Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Smashbox has it right!

I am in love with Smashbox Always On Metallic Matte in XO, Vlada. It is my new nude lip!!! It’s so gorgeous and I can’t believe it stayed put for 9.5 hours!! Seriously! Lunch, dinner (Thai food!) and bottles of water drunk all day! Didn’t budge!!

Re: Smashbox has it right!

@KrishAtl I picked up In Bloom this weekend.  Yes, it made lip lines noticeable but I still love it.  The shade is super gorgeous and makes my lips look so full.  Worth it!  Unfortunately I ate a giant brunch with that lipstick on and there was no way anything was going to last through that, so I still have to see about longevity.

Anonymous Insider

Smashbox has it right!

beautiful! I havent tried the xo vlada collection yet, but the always on matte lip in stepping out is one of my most worn shades!

@KrishAtl It looks great.  I'm dying for some of the products from that collection but I'm being good.  Is it drying?  I've heard good things about the regular smashbox matte liquid lip but saw in reviews that this one really emphasized lip lines.  How do you feel about it?

RE: Re: Smashbox has it right!

Actually @sprocketta I wish you had not mentioned the liplines! I had to try it again to really remember my opinion of this and you are absolutely right! Shoot, I wish Sephora allowed you to update your reviews after posting. I would definitely demote a star based on that! The color is gorgeous, though, so I was blindsided. As far as drying, it is a “stay put “ lipstick that actually works! So most stay put lipsticks are not also creamy and moisturizing, in my experience. I have super hydrated lips and slater them in lip balms and the like every evening/all night, so a little “dried on” lipstick does not really do harm in that regard. But, if my lips are chapped or dry feeling, I would stay away from this lipstick. I will continue to wear this color despite the liplines cause it really is that pretty, for a daily look. I am not really particular about liplines from Monday-Friday, but will think twice about it for a weekend night out!

Re: RE: Re: Smashbox has it right!

@KrishAtl Thanks for the info!

@KrishAtl It looks wonderful! Be sure to write an official review on the official product page 🙂

RE: Re: Smashbox has it right!

I definitely already did @gonerogue and now wished I hadn’t based on my experience with the product since posting my review! I wish Sephora allowed you to update your review if your opinion changes over the course of using it! I would love to demote it a star based on my liplines being a little more pronounced with this product on. Otherwise, it is a great little “stay put” lipstick.

Re: RE: Re: Smashbox has it right!

@KrishAtl oh no! It must be pretty matte to emphasize all your lip lines. The colors are beautiful in her collection but they just don’t speak to me so I don’t think I’ll be picking them up. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
testing