Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Lip Lovers

Red lip too much?

I have a job interview tomorrow that I am very excited about! I'm always wearing bright colored lips and I love red so it's definitely me. Would a red lip be too much though? I just want to hear every ones opinion! Thanks. ( :

Re: Red lip too much?

Then yes go for red lips. But I'd recommend doing very minimal eye makeup/blush so the red lips will be the main focus. Good luck!!! Smiley Happy 

How exciting!  Bold lips it is Smiley Happy  Good luck!

In that case a nice clean red lip is definitely appropriate! Good Luck!

Go for the bold lips then!

Good luck!

Highlighted

i hope you get the job!!!!!!

I think a red lip denotes confidence. A good matte red is very interview appropriate.

Hey Rawrxjasmine...... how did that interview go??

Fantastic, I hope!

Yes how did your interview go!? Smiley Happy

I sure hope your interview went well! Just to chime in for anyone who happened to be reading this to answer this question for themselves. I work in job that does a ton of work with job placement, workforce development, re-employment training, dress for success, etc. Seeing that your interview was in this field, I would say then yes a mild red lip is probably okay. For any other field, I would definitely say steer clear of a red lip or any other heavy makeup. Your makeup should be minimal and neutral, but don't skip over it entirely either. Studies show that women who wear makeup conservatively in the work place tend to get paid more than women who don't. To branch out slightly, and I only mention these since they are things I didn't think of when I first started, nail polish should be clear and your hair should be conservative as well. The oddest thing is that it is suggested not to wear perfume either. 

Hope you got your job!!

@Latinadiva.... the suggestion to not wear perfume to an interview is not "odd" at all. Many people are allergic to fragrance. Some to the point where fragrance on a passerby can trigger life threatening breathing problems. Many hospitals and businesses are now "fragrance-free" requiring that all employees and even visitors wear only unscented products.

Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 72 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors