Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Lip Lovers

Red Lipstick?

Ok. So I think it's fair to assume that most of us have a holy grail red lipstick that we wear with everything. I'm looking for a new one. The last one that I found that I loved was discontinued. Any new ideas to lend?

Re: Red Lipstick?

Mac Cosmetics came back out with their Viva Glam Original Lipstick. Its more of a brick red color I would say If you prefer some different type of brand/more bright red, I would say Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in FBomb M5L911.jpg20130915-235715.jpgUrban-Decay-F-Bomb-Revolution-Lipstick-6.jpgudfbomb3.jpgBy the way, I don't own these pictures I just wanted you to see the colorsSmiley Happy GoodluckSmiley Happy

MAC Viva Glam 1 is my holy grail! I'm transparently pale and love the more blue red tones.

Also I would say that Tarte Cosmetics lipstick in Wild, a  deep red & Fierce has orange under tones in it. Tarte-Lipstick-Swatches.jpgAlso YSL has some beautiful red lipsticks I would suggest the one in Rouge Rock. YSL-Fall-2012-3223.jpgOnce again I don't own the images. Lol. I hope this helpedSmiley Happy Have funSmiley Happy 

Um, I love red lipstick and have many!!

A staple for me is NARS Cruella.

swfupload_5050903136345511977.jpg

Yes cruella is a great one! Sometimes I mix it with a light pink gloss to make it a glossy berry color.

I second this!

What any of us love might not work for you. There are so many I love, but my HG is Chanel with a nude liner. Try and test, repeat. It may take awhile. When you find it, buy 12 tubes minimum. Put them in a vacuum sealed bag. Put the bag in the fridge. If you love it, it will be discontinued. This applies to any HG product you find. It is hilarious when people are over and get into the fridge Smiley Happy one drawer full of HG products Smiley Happy

My favorite red is Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Chunkiest Chili.

Chunkiest Chili.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/chubby-stick-intense-moisturizing-lip-colour-balm-P377218?skuId=1483296

I don't even have a red lipstick, let alone a holy grail one. Guess i'd better get on that eh lol. But i'm pale. Any suggestions for pale skin?

Ouu I love an intense red lip on pale skin. But I'd recommend the Clinique Chubby Stick in mightiest maraschino (I prefer this brighter red to the more brown based chunkiest chili below) it gives a glossy finish but if you dab it on and sheer it out with your finger its a really beautiful not too intense red lip. But could be used either way!

And I think the chubby sticks are a really good value too. It was one of the first reds I got (make up is a newer obsession of mine!)

ok you chubbystick chasers, several places have specials on the chub sticks; buy two get one, buy three get a special set, etc etc just thought you might want to get more chub for your buckSmiley Happy

Hahaha good to know! I only have 2 - there's room to grow!

I LOVE the chubby sticks! Since they came out, I've pretty much gotten all the clinique bonuses in my area because I've got so many sticks on my list! BTW, anyone who is near a Macy's, they are taking pre-orders for the October 8th bonus gift, so get your chubbies and get a present (o:

I'm pale too! I think we can wear almost any red lipstick too! I don't really like makeup rules, but I try not to wear really deep, dark reds in summer, or at least for non-special occasions. Start experimenting, you may be pleasantly surprised! Smiley Happy

Actually, just to show you one example, here is a thread I started recently about a red lip in a commercial that I loved.... and the actress is super pale!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Red-lips/m-p/697851#M2559

Red lipstick looks good on pale girls... trust me. I think one of my favorite reds was Chanel Rouge Fatal. I ended up giving it to my aunt because I hardly ever was able to wear it Smiley Sad. I now have givers remorse lol. 

Frankly, I have medium olive complexion and I'm jealous how much better red lipstick looks on more fair skin lol while I don't mind wearing red, it bums me out that it never looks as good on me!

If you like semi-matte and long lasting, you can't go wrong with NARS Red Lizard! It's a beautiful true red, not brick, not too orange-y, not too blue based. Bright but not shockingly so.

Bite Luminous Creme Lipstick in Pomegranate ($24) is a great, classic cherry red. I love it Smiley Happy

swfupload_5866326596016911016.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/luminous-creme-lipstick-P283903?skuId=1488220

71 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • M5L911.jpg
  • 20130915-235715.jpg
  • Urban-Decay-F-Bomb-Revolution-Lipstick-6.jpg
  • udfbomb3.jpg
  • Tarte-Lipstick-Swatches.jpg
  • YSL-Fall-2012-3223.jpg
  • swfupload_5050903136345511977.jpg