Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Recommendations: everyday sheer, neutral gloss?

Hi! I’m looking for recommendations for a sheer nude or light pink gloss. I’m looking specifically for something that I can wear alone or with any eyeshadow look - something that’s neutral enough to go with any colour and muted enough that it won’t compete with my eyeshadow for attention. Non-sticky is a must! In terms of longevity, I don’t mind reapplying every hour or so, but long-wearing would definitely be an added bonus! I’m fine with any finish, whether it be plain, metallic, or shimmer. Budget options very welcome, but I don’t mind spending up to $30. Thank you so much in advance!

Re: Recommendations: everyday sheer, neutral gloss?

I've been extremely impressed with GrandeLips. It's advertised as a plumper, but it also gives an elegant nude shine. The 3-pack of clear and two different tints is a great value. For a glassier effect and a slight holo, I also like Lancome Prismatic Plump, which I picked up a few weeks ago on Weekly Wow. Luminescent isn't sold out, and is an almost invisible glass-bright shine with a little shimmer.

@R1l3y, I love Nars Lip Gloss in Orgasm, it's a great subtle peach pink on medium skin tone. It's sp easy to reapply as it doesn't slide around when applying with the wand. If you drink carefully, it will last a few hours. Good luck finding one 🙂

#https://www.sephora.com/product/lip-gloss-P386666?skuId=1596428

@R1l3y,

I also recommend trying the SEPHORA COLLECTION Outrageous Effect Volume Lip Gloss in 2 - XXL Nude. It is a gorgeous nude shade has has lots of shine!

https://www.sephora.com/product/outrageous-effect-volume-lip-gloss-P417985?skuId=1873363&icid2=produ...

❤️ Melissa

RE: Re: Recommendations: everyday sheer, neutral gloss?

I ended up going with this one and I’m super happy with it! Thank you!

Re: RE: Re: Recommendations: everyday sheer, neutral gloss?

@R1l3y,

Wonderful! I am happy to hear this:))

❤️ Melissa

I agree with @melissabt the SC Outrageous Lip Gloss in XXL Nude is one of my favorites and goes well with just about any eyeshadow look! I also really like the Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss in Beige Sunrise 🙂 (It's a bit above your budget - $34.00 USD)

https://www.sephora.com/product/dior-addict-lip-maximizer-plumping-gloss-P186805

Always,
Danee

RE: Recommendations: everyday sheer, neutral gloss?

Fenty beauty gloss bomb !!

I love the Fenty Gloss Bomb, MAC Angel, and Urban Decay Obsessed and Fuel.

RE: Recommendations: everyday sheer, neutral gloss?

The Fenty Gloss is a great sheer neutral gloss!

@R1l3y I’ve recently been super happy with BareMinerals Gen Nude line, and the glosses are lovely. I’m super picky when it comes to glosses, but I don’t have any issues with the Buttercream glosses. Try the shades Forbidden and Must Have, they’ll give you that nude/pink sheen and will be appropriate for any look. 

My favourite might be out of your price range, depending on where you live: the Marc Jacobs Enamoured Lip Gloss. It's $34 CDN, and it's honestly the best lip gloss I've ever used. Not even a little bit sticky, subtle but even pigment, and lasts a surprisingly long time. It's also not super glossy, so I feel comfortable wearing it to work. There are some shimmer shades, but I'm personally more a fan of the solid colours. For light/fair skin, the best shades I've tried are Mocha Choco-lata! (nude), Sweet Escape (pink) and One Mauve Time.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing