Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

REALLY kiss-proof lipstick

My wedding is coming up and I need some very kiss proof lipstick- I've tried Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick, Sephora Collection liquid lipstick, and Stila stay all day, but they still come off! The only thing I do to prep my lips, though, is lip balm overnight to keep them soft- does exfoliating or using a lip primer help? Thanks so much!

Re: REALLY kiss-proof lipstick

I would go for Stila. One of the earliest liquid lipstick formulas, but still the best. I call this my "cheeseburger-proof lipstick" (an actual cheeseburger was involved in this test). Only tough thing is that the colors can be hard to match online, especially the nudes, and Sephora has stopped carrying it in-store! Some JCPenney Sephoras still have it.

While I normally would agree about the cheeseburger-proof qualities @nothingclever but I had the disappointing experience of finally finding something that took Beso right off my lips while eating it.  A patty melt.  The grease was just a bit too much for it.  The downside is it was my birthday dinner. 😞

RE: REALLY kiss-proof lipstick

I’ve always liked Huda’s lippies, they stay put and aren’t overly drying. I also really like Maybelline’s matte ink — they’re a little sticky at first but they do not budge!

Re: RE: REALLY kiss-proof lipstick

I second the Huda liquid lipsticks as well! I find that they are a very soft matte formula and the pigments are really nice on them as well.

❤️ Melissa

@Meshellmybelle I second @gonerogue's recommendation of the Nars Powermatte lipsticks. Truly an amazing formula and I find it one of the most comfortable liquid lips out there.

I'd absolutely exfoliate before application and I'd also fill in with a lip pencil before as well. You don't want any random dry lip flakes marring your perfect lip! The key to longevity with most lipsticks is layers, so while it make seem like overkill (esp with opaque liquid formulas), a thin layer of lip pencil before the lipstick helps adhesion and then fading later on. 

Congrats on your wedding! 

Hey there @Meshellmybelle! Congrats on the upcoming wedding ❤️ My favorite kiss-proof liquid lipsticks are Stila’s, Kat Von D’s NARS Powermattes and Smashbox’s Always On. I noticed that you mentioned that the Stila and Kat Von D ones aren’t working for you so it could possible be that you’re not priming beforehand? Before I use any lipstick, I exfoliate, prime and plump to get my lips prepped for the liquid lipstick and my go-to liquid lipsticks are always pretty much transfer-proof. My favorite primer to use is Anastasia Beverly Hills lip primer and my favorite lip plumper to use is Too Faced’s Lip Injection. Additionally, if I want a fail-proof, transfer-proof lip, I always reach for my NARS Powermatte liquid lipsticks so if I had to choose only one lipstick formula to recommend to you, it would be that one! If you haven’t already checked it out, I HIGHLY recommend you test it out before your wedding day.

Good luck and congrats!🎉 

I second Stila and Kat Von D, they have gotten me through many a long night without fading and when allowed time to set on my lips my boyfriend never complained about it smudging off on him after I kiss him. I also recommend exfoliating your lips (if you don't have an exfoliator making a sugar scrub at home isn't too hard) and then priming your lips. As with foundation and other make-up the prep work can make a difference!

Thank you so much!!! I ordered the Anastasia Beverly Hill...

Thank you so much!!! I ordered the Anastasia Beverly Hills lip primer and the Too Faced plumper and I'm so excited to try them out!!!
8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing