Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

I was just browsing through the Vice lipsticks from Urban Decay as they were my first colored lipstick brand that I actually wore out and about and I realized that some of the shades I have been in love with are 'out of stock' now. Voodoo, which was meh as I didnt wear it much. But Roach (brown), Junkie (green), Big Bang (glitter pink), Studded (brown), and Backfire (purple) are all gone now and I dunno what to do with myself as they are my favorite colors. The only reason it took me so long to notice (I mean they could have gone away last year for all I know) is because I stocked up on 3 of each last time I bought them. 😞 Are there any shades or even entire lines that have retired out that you wish were back?

Re: Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

Bring back the Tocca perfumes... especially Florence and Simone.  They're so good... come on!

@jyeezy31 I miss LQ, too!

So many of the BITE products

Dusita's Oudh Infini

Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Absolue Pour Le Soir

Frederic Malle's Superstitious

All the original Serge Lutens formulations

So many niche fragrances I can't count

Becca Cosmetics 😞 She had a highlighter that I loved so much. V sad its not available any more.

@DevNew  Which highlighter was your favorite? Smashbox took on 5 of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector shades, so those are still available. But I know there were more shades than that (including some limited editions) before Becca closed. I miss Becca's blushes and lip glosses, and one of their concealers was a fave of mine. 

It was the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Champagne Pop! I didn't know that Smashbox pick some of them up...I loved her products in general they had a quality I loved so much. 

@DevNew #Smashbox Smashbox X BECCA Mini Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Pressed Highlighter Champagne Pop  

You are a saint!

I confirmed with Living Proof that their Anti-Frizz Humidity Shield has been discontinued.  I figured it was going to be years ago, when they came out with Living Proof No Frizz® Instant De-Frizzer (which I don't think works well).  They said, 

Thank you so much for contacting us, we really appreciate it! Saying goodbye is never easy. Our products are part of what makes us the brand we are today. We need to say good bye to some products in order to make room for new innovation as we continue to develop products that will change your lives in ways both big and small. The product has been discontinued but we have the Smooth Styling Spray and Instant De-Frizzer!

NF_HumidityShield_Infographic__05022.jpg

SEPHORA COLLECTION Microblade Effect Brow Pen seems to be on its way out.  I've been seeing it on the sales page, and just recently started using it again.  It was one of those products I picked up pre-pandemic and fell off my radar.  The lighter color is in stock, but the darker one is not.  It looks like NYX just came out with some of these, so I'll be trying those.  

Another item, Sephora Collection Multi-Purpose Oil - both the Coconut *and* the Jojoba ones! So excellent! Absolutely comparable to Darphin 'Revitalizing Oil', but not as wicked expensive.  Please bring 'em back! 

I kind of wish the Becca Beach Tints (the mousse-y ones in the pots) would make a comeback or something along those lines. I think with the current cream blush trend they would be a hit.

@makeitup305 Oh my gosh... I might still have one of these lol!  I loved the Becca cream blushes that came in the little squeeze tube.... my intro to a cream blush love affair. 

@missjeanie I don't remember the tube ones but I had those pot ones until not that long ago. They had some really pretty shades. 

I'd give anything to get the Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlight back... I don't think I've met one person that didn't love this. There's plenty more, but this one particularly hurts. 

@QueenMarceline OMG I posted about this a couple of months ago when I found out it was discontinued. It’s been a staple for me for years. I managed to pick up two backups (I actually had my dad drive like 20 min in his city to pick them up lol) . Tatcha CS said the ingredients were hard to source these days. Hopefully they come up with an alternative. 

@makeitup305 Unfortunately, I cannot find any and never got a back-up because of how long it's been lasting me. My mistake 😕 I emailed Tatcha about it and they told me one of the ingredients can no longer be sourced which is why it was discontinued. I truly hope for a reformulation. Fingers crossed.

@QueenMarceline I noticed it almost too late back in December. They were completely sold out in my metro area and everywhere online. My dad came through for Christmas after I told him they had some by his house, which is on the other side of the country from me. Tatcha told me the same thing when I asked 😞 I've looked for similar products before and I think Colorscience has a tinted eye cream as well but I think it leans more pink rather than the more peachy neutral of the Tatcha. It's still on my to-try list.

@makeitup305 I'm honestly so bummed... I don't know if I'll ever be able to find a product that fully does a great job at replacing it.

@QueenMarceline. It's a tune that many of us hum, yet the cosm.co's somehow decide not to hear. Therefore, a niche is created. Pity it isn't a case of tinkering with u/e Cream + Concealer, for a top shelf result.

Hi did you find any Dupes for Thatcha Pearl tinted eye cream yet?

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • Some of the backup MAC Liptensity bullets I bought from MAC direct, as soon as I learned they were discontinuing the whole line.
  • 574E2963-3B36-41AA-AEF4-1BD588064EC9.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1628121441997.jpeg
  • NF_HumidityShield_Infographic__05022.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • All-Soft-Mega-Shampoo.jpg
  • IMG_2258.jpg
  • 366 Power Rose, 378 Be Unique, 134 Be Brilliant, and 142 Brave Lips.
testing