Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

I was just browsing through the Vice lipsticks from Urban Decay as they were my first colored lipstick brand that I actually wore out and about and I realized that some of the shades I have been in love with are 'out of stock' now. Voodoo, which was meh as I didnt wear it much. But Roach (brown), Junkie (green), Big Bang (glitter pink), Studded (brown), and Backfire (purple) are all gone now and I dunno what to do with myself as they are my favorite colors. The only reason it took me so long to notice (I mean they could have gone away last year for all I know) is because I stocked up on 3 of each last time I bought them. 😞 Are there any shades or even entire lines that have retired out that you wish were back?

Re: Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

@Crumblecakez. There are more than a couple for me: MAC Redwood (tone)..a perfect, semi-sheer, neutral muted red.

YSL Rouge Personnel range...still mad at YSL!

Guerlain Rouge Automatic...quite nice color-range & texture in a Fab pkg.

Bite - basically most of their range circa 2018.

Shiseido Satin Color e/s singles.. 'Alchemy' is it!

Ardency Inn e/s singles...'Heaven' is a One n' Done wash that I adore.

Viseart Theory palettes

Hope it's OK to *bump* this thread. 2 years on, it remains valuable.

@MvLL Oh I had no idea the Guerlain Rouge Automatique line got discontinued! I always said I'd get them *one day* but I ended up buying a few from their Rouge G line instead, since the cases are just so tempting. Hope you can still enjoy yours if you still have it!

@Guessgal Well, the biggest difference btwn Guerlain RA vs. RougeG was the weight of the case, imho. And the price point. 

In the RA range, I had 1 'Shine' & 1 satin, in strawb-red shades. The RA case is/was a brilliant and lightweight design, but a lil' cheap feeling. Decent formula though.  Circa '14, when Guerlain intro'd 'KissKiss' l.s. & edT PRN. was when I noticed RA's were being phased-out. 

I was just browsing for Alpha Skin Care Essential Renewal Gel (10% Glycolic Acid) and discovered that it was been discontinued.  My tube lasted forever, and I was finally running low and wanted to buy another one.  If anyone knows of a comparable product (10% glycolic acid, in a gel) please let me know.

greeneyedgirl107_0-1628121441997.jpeg

my Almay Butter Kiss lipstick is discontinued nowwwwww; I only have a little bit left! 

I’ve got a Lawless liquid lip that I’m obsessed with but it’s not available anywhere 😞

@Crumblecakez Just learned that e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence has been discontinued 😞

@Crumblecakez I saw that Innisfree Super Volcanic Clusters Pore Clearing Clay Mask was OOS not too long ago.  Now, it's gone from Sephora's site.  It's still on my Loves List, but it states "This item cannot be shipped to the United States."  Now, there's a peel off version.  Does anyone know anything about this?  I just got a sample of the original and wanted to buy a FS; I'm really in love with it.

So weird, @greeneyedgirl107!! It looks like both are on the innisfree site, so I wouldn't think it's been replaced. It's available there or if you know a friendly Canadian who cam get you one. 

@haleyvvvv Hi!  I just saw this now, as I didn't get the tag.  After much back and forth with CS, innisfree confirmed that it hasn't been discontinued.  I was able to score one at T.J. Maxx due to the eagle eye of @itsfi .  It's a good thing, too - b/c I'm running low on my GWP tub.

@Crumblecakez   I severely miss Chanel's cream blushes.  They were absolutely the best formula I've ever tried.  Burberry's were a close second, so I guess I can add those to the list also!

Bite Beauty Luminous Creme lipstick! Especially Cava and Mink. They were amazing.

Sephora used to have this nail-remover product that came in a jar.  I loved it, but it seems Sephora discontinued it!

That was amazing! @loveyall 

Chanel used to have a lipstain in the color violet sapphire.  That color was amazing.  They discontinued it--even though it was popular!  I use mostly only "cleaner" products now, but still!

@Crumblecakez I just got confirmation from Gucci that Gucci Envy Me has been discontinued.  I owned it years ago and liked it very much.  I finally decided to buy another bottle, and now it's gone.  😞  There are so few fragrances that I truly enjoy enough to buy a full size bottle, so I'm very disappointed.

RE: Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

Yes! The Sephora rouge lip tints! I can’t find anything to replace them. Any suggestions are appreciated greatly. They were long-lasting and with a gloss or balm over it was perfect all day color. Help!

Re: RE: Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

@Geep245 I just got one of those...not sure if it's the same color (12), but there are a few on clearance...

another one I miss is their lip oils, the one that was about that same color was the most gorgeous one, but they hardly last...

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Perfecter Blurring Skin Tint! Light and easy to put on. I loved it for days I wanted a quick trick to make my skin look better without having to do the whole makeup routine. ☹️ It wasn’t around for a long time and I think it was discontinued last year.

574E2963-3B36-41AA-AEF4-1BD588064EC9.jpeg

DR. JART+ - Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm SPF 50+

This product went POOF for two years and it just came back more beautiful than ever! 

Miracles do happen! ❤️ 

Sunday Riley Disrobe Body Lotion-pricey but so nice and effective. Also Sunday Riley Artemis (they tried to say UFO is its equivalent and it not even close) and Biologique Recherché P50W 1970 *this stuff was the elixir of the gods for my skin

Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • Some of the backup MAC Liptensity bullets I bought from MAC direct, as soon as I learned they were discontinuing the whole line.
  • 574E2963-3B36-41AA-AEF4-1BD588064EC9.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1628121441997.jpeg
  • NF_HumidityShield_Infographic__05022.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • All-Soft-Mega-Shampoo.jpg
  • IMG_2258.jpg
  • 366 Power Rose, 378 Be Unique, 134 Be Brilliant, and 142 Brave Lips.
testing