Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

I was just browsing through the Vice lipsticks from Urban Decay as they were my first colored lipstick brand that I actually wore out and about and I realized that some of the shades I have been in love with are 'out of stock' now. Voodoo, which was meh as I didnt wear it much. But Roach (brown), Junkie (green), Big Bang (glitter pink), Studded (brown), and Backfire (purple) are all gone now and I dunno what to do with myself as they are my favorite colors. The only reason it took me so long to notice (I mean they could have gone away last year for all I know) is because I stocked up on 3 of each last time I bought them. 😞 Are there any shades or even entire lines that have retired out that you wish were back?

Re: Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

@Crumblecakez Just realized Kate Somerville Tanning Towelettes have been discontinued.  They didn't pack as much color as I would have liked, but they were super easy and convenient.

RE: Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

MAC In Rocker! It was one of my top five colors. I desperately wish it was back.

There are tons of MAC lip products that I really miss. Their liptensity lip liner is amazing and I havent been able to find it online for months. Sometimes you can find it in stores and in airports. 

Shiseido made the BEST SPF lip balm I have ever used. I often find SPF lip balms have either irritating ingredients or fragrance, which I avoid because they burn my lips. I have tried to find it over and over again, and it was discontinued. 

On a side note, Sephora used to carry years ago Fiberwig mascara, and it was AMAZING. For some reason, they stopped carrying it. Blinc mascara is just not the same. 

Hi @jenner18  I still have one of the Shisheido lip spf balms left & I cherish it! Was sooo lucky a year(+?) ago when I found one miraculously at TJ Maxx.... so so good... I usually don't like spf lip balms but love that one

Have you ever tried Jane Iredale Lip Drink SPF Lip Balm in Sheer or Grown Alchemist's Peptide Anti-Aging Lip Repair Treatment? Both are comparable, the GA doesn't have SPF but is FABULOUS!!

The YSL Volupte tint in balm, a recent loss 😞 by the time I realized the ones in the sephora sale section and shoppers drug mart were all sold out. It's my go-to, and I really hope they come out with something similar (I think these were a replacement for the sheer candy line).

Edit: Also the previous version of the lancome teint idole. The new reformulation is still good, but oxidizes more so I can no longer find a perfect shade match. I think the older formulation was a bit more moisturizing too.

image.jpeg

Hi @SurprisedLemur OMG too funny.... I just wrote a few paragraphs in another thread about my beloved BEST THING EVER YSL Volupte Tint in Balms.... I still use every single day without fail, it's my HG..... I really lucked out because I just happened to see them all go on sale super fast one day & caught on that becasue they were so heavily discounted (instead of the $45ish, got them for $20) and bought 7 of them all I my fave shade... I still have 3 or 4 boxes unopened that I have sealed in an air tight bag in my dark hallway closet so nothing happens to them... 

I have absolutely no effing idea why they discontinued that and/or where they got the idea to reformulate/replace... I still love the Volupte Shine because it's hydrating but it's no comparision to the "Balm" ... I'm not crazy about the Candy Glaze... thought I'd love it because it sounded a little like the balm but it's a lot thicker & softer and definitely not going to last a fraction of the time that the other did...

Plus... the ♥︎ in the middle of the lipstick!?!?!  So good.... hope that they bring it back

I think they still sell the tint-in-balms on YSL Canada direct; they were around when I was browsing their site around Christmastime. I totally feel your pain though. This exact thing happened to me with the YSL Volupté tint-in-oils! They replaced the line with the Volupté liquid balms in similar packaging, but the formula just wasn't the same @SurprisedLemur 

Thanks @Guessgal ! My faves, No. 9 and 10, are gone, but I picked up No. 2 for me and my mom 🙂 I loooved the tint-in-oils too, such a loss...

Oh yaaaay! Glad you were able to find a shade you both liked 🙂 @SurprisedLemur 

@Crumblecakez I desperately miss the Clinique long-last glosswear in the original formula. They got rid of it years ago and the replacement formula was really sub-par. I still have a tube of the shade Tenderheart. My absolute favorite.

Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

OMG, Clinique Butter Shine lipstick. Generally all the lipsticks that were moisturizing before everything went chalky and matte, but that line had beautiful luscious sheer colors that would be so on trend right now. It's honestly the only lipstick I ever used up completely and repurchased. Also, Estee Lauder had a lipstick line called Go Pout that optically made your lips look fuller without doing the chemical allergic reaction thing. They also had a liquid shadow called Go Wink that was great.

Yes, I remember both of these!

Mine isn’t lipstick but I have missed a Lancôme eyeshadow for over 20 years. It was called Leblanc and it was the most beautiful lid color!! I would give anything if they brought that color back!

I'm still sad the Sephora Collection Nail Polish Remover was discontinued. It was so good!

I got a bunch when they were on clearance a while ago. I liked the revolution line the best, since they had sheer versions and were smoother.  I just posted a look w/a couple UD products (lipstick in brat and naked flushed palette in streak), and I just checked and can't find them...and I only got them a couple years ago.  Idk why they always have to discontinue the best stuff. 😞

like the naturistics line from when I was a teen...they had these lip gloss things in tubes, they were soooo good and thick, like butter...especially the coconut one, since I was a coconut freak and could hardly ever find anything coconut.

RE: Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

Urban Decay Whip. A nude/gold. Can’t find anywhere

Re: RE: Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

it's not perfect, but i find temptalia very useful with respect to finding dupes!!!

i hope some of the options on this list help:

https://www.temptalia.com/makeup-dupe-list/urban-decay-vice-lipstick/whip/

@Crumblecakez  Ardency Inn eyeliners 

@SportyGirly125 you just reminded me of the Ardency Inn singles.  They were gorgeous.  Heaven was * chef's kiss * I wish they would come back!

Tarte used to produce the Skintuative line. It was a pretty pinkish type shade that was offered in a lip crayon and  an Amazonian Clay Blush. I miss those products. I did not care for their second attempt when they tried to produce it in a berry like color.

@Loretta55 They got rid of two eyeliners I really like.  One was a true gel liner, and the other was super skinny.

Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • Some of the backup MAC Liptensity bullets I bought from MAC direct, as soon as I learned they were discontinuing the whole line.
  • 574E2963-3B36-41AA-AEF4-1BD588064EC9.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1628121441997.jpeg
  • NF_HumidityShield_Infographic__05022.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • All-Soft-Mega-Shampoo.jpg
  • IMG_2258.jpg
  • 366 Power Rose, 378 Be Unique, 134 Be Brilliant, and 142 Brave Lips.
testing