Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

I was just browsing through the Vice lipsticks from Urban Decay as they were my first colored lipstick brand that I actually wore out and about and I realized that some of the shades I have been in love with are 'out of stock' now. Voodoo, which was meh as I didnt wear it much. But Roach (brown), Junkie (green), Big Bang (glitter pink), Studded (brown), and Backfire (purple) are all gone now and I dunno what to do with myself as they are my favorite colors. The only reason it took me so long to notice (I mean they could have gone away last year for all I know) is because I stocked up on 3 of each last time I bought them. 😞 Are there any shades or even entire lines that have retired out that you wish were back?

Re: Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

@Loretta55I loved that one too, though I didn't get to try the pink one, but I loved the purple one and got a few when they were on clearance.  the girl at the dentist even asked what it was!  I said "oh, it's my new favorite lip product..."  and she said "every time I find something I like, it gets discontinued" I was like haha, I think it is... 😕

continuing with the UD eyeshadows: the shade hot pants!!!!

and R.I.P.:

- revlon colorburst lip butter (so moisturizing! such perfectly transluscent-yet-pigmented shades! such even colour fade!)

- rimmel lycra lash extender mascara - absolute perfection, amazing price, and you could keep layering, and layering, and layering without it ever getting clumpy!! wow i'm actually kind of sad now lol :')

@guyfawkseyOh the revlon lip butters, I miss them so much!

I really really really miss Stila's Color Balm lipsticks. I stocked up, but once they are gone, they are gone. Other lipstick/balms are nowhere as pigmented. Does anybody know of a similar formula/brand?

Dr Jart had a moisturizer in their Water Fuse line, I believe it was called "ultimate hydro gel" and it was the absolute best for me! And it just disappeared without warning 😞

They had reformulated it once before and brought it back, but I haven't seen it for a few months now.

@elise222,

Yes! Dr. Jart has this sunscreen that I use everyday and I am almost of of it.

❤️ Melissa

Seems like all of my HG products get reformulated or discontinued. A few I loved and will always love and cherish are:

Rodial Glamtox cleansing balm

Clarins Extra comfort cleansing cream

Kate Somerville Goat Milk

Bite Agave Mask

Banila co honey essence oil

and the list goes on!

Hi @laynebr

I still see the Kate Sommerville Goat Milk Moisturizer & Cleanser around a lot... Beauty boxes like ipsy & Boxycharm seem to bring one of the two in every once in awhile & I'm pretty sure that I just saw that line on the recent Fab Fit Fun edit sale that's been going on... not sure if you have any of those subscriptions or if you know someone who does? 

Actually, I have a brand new cleanser that I received in a box that I'm not going to use (was thinking of listing on M er cari or similiar?) 

Would be great if there was a way to swap things with one another on here!  

@Crumblecakez I've posted in the past that I miss the Sephora Lip Attitude - Star line.  And I still have a grudge against L'Oreal for changing my favorite hair mousses back in 2003 - I don't even know if they still have their L'Oreal Paris line.

Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

Bite Beauty's lipsticks are ones I'm missing right now, but it looks like it might just be temporary while they reformulate to be vegan

RE: Products that went *poof* and you wish were back?

I miss them too. I’ve been searching for a dupe for sweet cream for months.

That would be super if they came back better than before.

That would be super if they came back better than before.

@Crumblecakez ,

My favorite lipstick that got discontinued was a warm red, sheer Shiseido lippie.  I haven't found a dupe yet.  I had Nordstrom make me a dupe with the last of my Shiseido as a reference, but it just wasn't the same product, even if the color was close.

it didn't have the right feel.

Now my favorite shade of Lancome waterproof Effacernes concealer seems to be disappearing, website by website.  It doesn't require powder after applying.

Ouch, red is hard to find anyway. Are you stocking up sin...

Ouch, red is hard to find anyway. Are you stocking up since it seems to be disappearing?

@Crumblecakez  Easy answer for me: 

Some of the backup MAC Liptensity bullets I bought from MAC direct, as soon as I learned they were discontinuing the whole line.Some of the backup MAC Liptensity bullets I bought from MAC direct, as soon as I learned they were discontinuing the whole line.

Liptensity was the best lipstick line MAC has ever created, and I’ve worn MAC lipsticks since 1990. The shades were developed by a woman who has tetrachromacy: she can see 100 million colors. (That’s 100x more colors than most humans can see.) She specifically gave each shade a name that would help the rest of us mere mortals see those colors the way she does. That alone made the Liptensity line so special. But also, most of those bullets performed very well: creamy, comfy, no bleeding/feathering, super opaque, no patchiness, high pigmentation, and long lasting wear. I still have several of them and when I heard MAC was killing the whole line, I bought a bunch of backups before they disappeared. Stallion, Blue Beat, Hellebore, and Cordovan are some of my favorite shades. I still don’t understand why MAC discontinued the Liptensity line. 😞 

Another shade MAC discontinued (long ago, though) is one of their Satin bullets: Carnal, a gorgeous ruby red. I’m on my last backup bullet and I’ll be sad when it’s empty. 

About the Urban Decay Vice bullets: they re-released vintage shades last year or in 2018... I don’t recall which now. I remember because I saw Bruise in the Sephora sale section one day and excitedly bought it, remembering how much I loved that lipstick in the 90s. Roach is another vintage shade. UD might bring ‘em back again, so keep hope alive! 

EDIT: I misstated the difference between tetrachromacy and trichromacy (the normal color vision most people have). This woman doesn’t see a million more colors than most of us. Normal color vision is a million colors. She sees 100 times the colors we can. Let that sink in for a minute. 😮 

Hi @WinglessOne,

These are definitely something I miss too! 

Best,
Rebecca

That was super cool to read I felt like I was in a lip co...

That was super cool to read I felt like I was in a lip color history class lol. I actually am going to go read up on how many colors we can see vs how many there are because that is an interesting topic. It's a shame they got rid of entire lines especially of good product, always leaves you wondering why. I didn't realize that UD brings back shades sometimes so I will have to keep an eye out for them in the future. I checked on their actual website and half of the colors I want are in stock but half of those are on sale so it looks like they're out soon. All I can do is stock up on what I can but I really wish I had paid attention sooner and grabbed more Roach and Junkie but what can you do. *shrug*

Re: That was super cool to read I felt like I was in a lip co...

@Crumblecakez  Tetrachromacy is definitely an interesting research topic. 🙂 I misstated the difference between that and normal color vision earlier, so I just edited to fix that. A person with tetrachromacy can see 100 times the number of colors we mere mortals can see. Color vision in general is interesting to read about. A few years ago, I saw a good documentary about it. If I remember the title, I’ll let you know. 🙂

There used to be a free online version of the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 hue test: you’re shown lots of similarly colored tiles and must arrange them in a gradient. It’s a good way to find out which colors you have trouble discerning, if any. Some people have lots of trouble telling the difference between different shades of purple, for instance. If you’re interested, there’s still a free smaller version of that test that uses 40 colors; just google “Farnsworth-Munsell test” and you’ll probably find it online. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • Some of the backup MAC Liptensity bullets I bought from MAC direct, as soon as I learned they were discontinuing the whole line.
  • 574E2963-3B36-41AA-AEF4-1BD588064EC9.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1628121441997.jpeg
  • NF_HumidityShield_Infographic__05022.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • All-Soft-Mega-Shampoo.jpg
  • IMG_2258.jpg
  • 366 Power Rose, 378 Be Unique, 134 Be Brilliant, and 142 Brave Lips.
testing