Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Pinky Nude Lipstick Help!!

I am in desperate need of advice!!! I am pale with cool undertones (according to the veins in my wrist haha). I have tried to find a pinky nude lipstick or my lips but better color for years and cannot find one. Every time I buy one that looks like it will work it pulls more coral or peach on me which I really don't like. Today I went to the store to get the Flower Beauty Lipstick in the shade "naked blush" which everyone on youtube has described as a pinky nude and I thought I finally found my color. When I put it on it pulled a bright peachy shade instead of a pinky nude. I have found glosses that are the color I want but not one lipstick has worked. If you have any advice or thoughts please let me know!!! I appreciate any help!

This is what my skin looks like!

Caton-2.jpg

Pinky Nude Lipstick Help!!

@catonellie - I have the exact same coloring. Although my hair is very dark so I usually err towards (a) pinky nudes or (b) very conflicting colors. here are my picks Mac Cremecup for a sheer formula Mac Snob or Pink Plaid for a more opaque, comfortable formula Jouer Lychee for a more bold option, it's a cool toned pinky mauve. it's a liquid lip so it'll stay on all day but it's still neutral. Bite Sugarcane for a matte, light pinky nude

Re: Pinky Nude Lipstick Help!!

I am pinky nude obsessed. 

Here are my absolute all time faves:

1. Tom Ford Pink Dusk, Tom Ford Paper Doll—both incredible. Pink Dusk is darker 

2. Rodin So Mod —pale pink nude 

3. MAC Angel and Creme Cup —both amaze

4. Kevyn Aucoin Nicole and Tori (mixed)—liquid lipstick 

5. Sisley Phyto Stick in 11, Sugar —more baby pink 

6. Bite Beauty Sugarcane (not the one in the short tube, the long thin tube) 

7. Kevyn Aucoin Uninterrupted (matte)

I think if you check out a color like MAC Driftwood, which is a grayish mauve, and use that as a base you will be able to transform your pinks into more of a pink nude with the color you’re looking for. Hope this helps! 

Thank you!!!!

@catonellie I like LQ "The Truth."  Other good pinky nudes are BM "Crave" and UD "Naked."  I think I might be forgetting one more...I recently tried Lancome Blush Classique and while I wouldn't classify it as a pinky nude, I wonder if it would be worth looking into.  I viewed it as a shell pink - but maybe if you applied it with a lighter hand it would be more of that pinky nude you are looking for?

LQ also extended their nude line recently.  I think the extension wasn't very pink, but who knows - you might find something 🙂

best of luck!

Thank you!!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • Caton-2.jpg
testing