Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Peel Lips

Hi. My lips are always in that state of needing to peel off the old skin. I wear a lip color just about everyday and am a regular chapstick wearer too. My lips did do the peely deal before I wore lipsticks and glosses everyday. Is there anyway I can help this? Any certain product recommendations?

Anonymous Insider

RE: Peel Lips

I'd suggest putting vaseline on your lips nightly to moisturize your lips. It's done wonders for my lips especially in winter. I would also recommend some sort of lip mask/scrub. My all-time favorite is Mary Kay's Satin Lips Lip Mask. It has enough texture to exfoliate probably but not too much so it doesn't tear the skin on your lips. It also makes them very soft afterwards which is a great bonus!

Re: Peel Lips

@Dani8013 I use the Bite whipped cherry exfoliator for lips.

I would recommend either Bite Agave Lip Mask or Drunk Elephant Lippe. If you want something more inexpensive, I'd go with Aquaphor. @Dani8013

Do a scrub on your lips. You can make your own using sugar or buy some from Elf, Lush, Jeffery Stars, etc. It will exfoliate your skin and allow you to moisturize your skin underneath thus allowing new skin to be softer. 

Anonymous Insider

afterwards apply some chapstick

RE: Re: Peel Lips

Thank you! I will try this.
Anonymous Insider

I had this same problem and what I do is put some type of oil on your lips and find a tooth brush. Every night before you go to bed brush your lips like you would brush your teeth. It will get rid of your dead skin and make your lips soft. I've been doing this for a year now and I love it. Good Luck!

Dani8013 wrote:

Hi. My lips are always in that state of needing to peel off the old skin. I wear a lip color just about everyday and am a regular chapstick wearer too. My lips did do the peely deal before I wore lipsticks and glosses everyday. Is there anyway I can help this? Any certain product recommendations?

RE: Re: Peel Lips

I have a exfoliating lipstick by e.l.f. Does that kinda have the same concept? I will definitely be trying your suggestion. Thank you!
8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing