From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Out of stock Fresh Sugar Plum. What would be a close match or substitute?

Out of stock Fresh Sugar Plum. What would be a close match or substitute?

Re: Out of stock Fresh Sugar Plum. What would be a close match or substitute?

I know this thread is yrs old, but I just discovered Honest Co. Plum Drop lip balm is almost an exact match for Fresh Sugar Plum. Same moisturizing texture and color... it’s hard to tell the difference. I also have been looking for yrs for a match, as I’m scraping the last out of my tube. My IG sarah_w17 I posted a side by side pic of the 2 tubes. Hope this helps ladies. 

This is an old thread, but I found it in an attempt to find my fave color. I'd tracked down 4 tubes of Plum on Ebay that lasted for a while, but I'm about to run out of my last one. Why discontinue a color that was obviously popular, and, as someone mentioned, particularly good on darker skin (i'm dark olive). Aaargh.

I was so pissed when they discontinued this color.  The newer colors have shimmer.  I've called the company to complain.  They could have at least given us some warning.

Clinique Almost lipstick in black honey is what I have been using lately.  Not as great at the Lip Sugar, but better than nothing.

Yes! I hate that the fig color has shimmer, like really?

I also use Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, as well as Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Balm in Richer Raisin. Those two are really close to Plum.

@LipDoc wrote:

I was so pissed when they discontinued this color.  The newer colors have shimmer.  I've called the company to complain.  They could have at least given us some warning.

Clinique Almost lipstick in black honey is what I have been using lately.  Not as great at the Lip Sugar, but better than nothing.

I called Fresh on the phone a few months ago and they confirmed it is discontinued. Which makes me pissed because it was my favorite lip balm in the world and they gave no heads up! It was the perfect color, especially for darker skinned (read: black) women. I need that color in my life again, none of the others hold up to it. Makes me wonder why they discontinued it...

It's a magical color – I am extremely pale and it's a great color for me too! So sad it's discontinued. The Berry color is gross and not a substitute at all.

I loved Plum as well.  I just tried Nars Afterglow Lip Balm, colour Wicked Ways. Love it!

I loved the plum color. I tried Berry, which is quite a bit brighter pink/purple. My friend tried the Fig, but I think it's too light. Sure wish they would bring back the plum!

TrekTrac

Have you tried Fresh Sugar Fig before? To me, they look similar, but Fig has a bit of shimmer. Or at least they look similar on my lips. 

You might like the Tarte Lip Quench in Berry. It's shinier and less pigmented than the Fresh, but it's close in colour.

I think a close match would be Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. 

Thank you! That's really helpful. I've never heard of Ilia but will give it a try. 

Any idea thought if Plum will be in stock soon? 

Unfortunately, we're unable to confirm an exact date it will be back in stock. Sorry about that! But I recommend signing up on the product page to receive email notifications so that you will be alerted when the item is available online. 🙂

Best,
Natalie

@NatalieeBT I've been watching for this balm to return in stock and now the shade has been completely removed from the Fresh Sugar lip balm page where all the other shades appear (http://www.sephora.com/sugar-lip-treatment-spf-15-P57002?skuId=1190529)

Is it just not coming back? I reached out to Fresh directly and they informed me it was "not yet" discontinued, though that doesn't seem like a solid answer and it seems to be disappearing from every retailer. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you! That's so helpful. Will give it a try.

Hi @ejbbjb,

Sorry to hear that Fresh Sugar Plum is out of stock! That is definitely a great lip balm. You might also want to try the Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner in the shade "Arabian Nights". It has a similar color and is hydrating for the lips. It's suggested to first put Ilia's lipstick in the shade Femme Fatale. It also has a similar color to Fresh's Sugar Plum. If Femme Fatale starts to wear off, then you can apply Arabian Nights for any touch ups. Ilia is a newer brand, so they're still making a name for themselves, but they have really great products that are organic and cruelty-free! I hope these suggestions help 🙂

Best,
Natalie
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors