Post in Lip Lovers
|

Opinions on Laniege

Personally I don’t think I will be repurchasing the Laniege lip sleeping masks

why?

1. they animal test
  2. comes off before I sleep
  3. Doesnt improve my lips

I feel as though a lip scrub and good balm is more improving for my lips.

what do you think?

LANEIGE Besties Set 

Re: Opinions on Laniege

@afm23 @gonerogue @JustJoc - From Laneige's website:

Amorepacific Corporation, the parent company of the Laneige brand, strictly prohibits animal testing having begun its commitment to alternative testing methods over 30 years ago. We ourselves do not test on animals nor do we ask others to conduct animal testing for us.

I used to like them until I tried fresh lip treatment and now I can’t go back to laniege 

I really like SEPHORA COLLECTION Nourishing Lip Sleeping Mask in Cherry + Vanilla  .  My lips are soft in the morning and you can't beat the price.

I don't really like it either! I don't find it to be very moisturizing and when I wake up, my lips feel the same as if I didn't use a sleeping mask. I find that it is nice as a lip balm and I see a lot of people that use it as a lip balm instead. I feel that Glossier's balm dot calm makes my lips feel much softer once the product is absorbed and I also heard a lot of good things about the Summers Friday lip balm but haven't tried it myself yet! 

@afm23  Yikes about the animal testing. I did not know that and it will definitely influence my future purchases. On another note, I use mine before bed every night and wake up with smooth lips every single morning. I have been using the lip mask for about 3-4 years now and have not had any of the issues you are currently experiencing but the alternative lip mask suggestions above are wonderful and you should def take a look if you're in the market for another lip mask. Best of luck!

I didn’t think they tested on animals either? 😞 

I hope this isn’t true. 

@afm23 @sister13 I don't like it either (actually it doesn't like me) and it actually causes a painful reaction on my lips when I use it.  I also like the Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask quite well, however, and I'm curious about the new OLEHENRIKSEN Pout Preserve Hydrating Peptide Lip Treatment Original because I swatched it in store and if felt really nice.

Hamm, haven’t tried that Ole H yet, but definitely curious! I still have a pretty significant stash of the Bite Lip Mask which has been my HG that I always recommended before it went away! @CookieGirl1 

@sister13 I LOVED the Bite mask!  I have one left in my stash and realistically it's probably expired and I should probably toss it but I haven't opened it yet and somehow I can't let it go yet.  I think that in my mind I'm kind of saving it for a time when my lips really need a lot of intense TLC and then I'll break it out and see if maybe it's still good.  That's probably a very backward way of thinking/doing but this is how my mind works...

I’m one of the few who doesn’t have much luck with Laneige lip mask either. I find it disappears on me and actually seems to make my lips dryer. I have much better results with  the following ones:

Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original or Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask or the Rosebud Perfume Co. Minted Rose Lip Balm Minted Rose Lip Balm oe Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm Strawberry Lip Balm . 

A scrub I’m really liking is the Grande Cosmetics GrandePOUT Plumping Lip Mask 

Good luck! @afm23 

@afm23 I don’t have any issues with it. I never had it come off when I sleep but then again I don’t move that much when I am sleeping. 

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing