Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Obsessed with lip tint corals, any more recommendations? What are your favs?

Hi there!

I am on the hunt to try a new line or a product for coral and peachy colored lip tints, I want something that's hydrating as well because my lips get chapped very easily. 

Any recs? 

Thanks ladies and gents! 

Cheers,
Jennifersmiles

RE: Obsessed with lip tint corals, any more recommendations? What are your favs?

The YSL Volupte Tint-In-Oil in the shade "No. 6 - Peach Me Love". These not only seriously hydrate dry/chapped lips (contains essential oils) but when the moisture is finally absorbed it leaves a beautiful, lasting stain. Don't be worried when it applies clear, that's how they work! They will adjust and turn the shade that you see on the applicator. Bonus: no stickiness!

Re: Obsessed with lip tint corals, any more recommendations? What are your favs?

Have you tried Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Coral? It’s smooth and buttery and a really pretty coral shade. There’s more red than pink in the shade and it’s slightly glossy. I love these when I want colour and my lips are chapped and under nourished. Good luck on the hunt! 

RE: Obsessed with lip tint corals, any more recommendations? What are your favs?

@jennifersmilesI have the EXACT same obsession! Lol. I love everythingpeach and coral. Right now, my favorite is the L’Oréal colour richeshine lipstick in Luminous Coral. It a new release and is sheer, hydrating and glossy. It’s just a gorgeous tint of color. I literally wear it everyday! I even bought 2 backups cause I love it so much...along with 5 other shades. Tati did a review on YouTube. I fell in love and went searching the next day. Lol. Excuse my horrible swatching skills. 😬😬 I think you’ll fall in love with the formula as much as I did.image.jpg

Re: RE: Obsessed with lip tint corals, any more recommendations? What are your favs?

Hey girl! 

I want to recommend Dragonfruit by Becca line. It's a closer to pink coral color with just enough moisture. AND IT DOESN'T STAIN CUPS omg. I was looking for a lip tint that doesn't come off so easily. I think I found the one!! 

Cheers, 
Jennifersmiles

Re: RE: Obsessed with lip tint corals, any more recommendations? What are your favs?

@darlyndar Hi girl! That is a gorgeous shimmery coral color! I feel like it would reveal the cracks that I may have on my lips though. I will definitely have to give it a try though, thanks so much for swatching it for me! That's a lot of backups, but I tend to go through my lip tints quite fast and lose them haha. 

Thanks for the recommendation girl! Will definitely try it out! 

Cheers, 
Jennifersmiles

@jennifersmiles I have extremely dry lips as well and this doesn’t not enhance that! Swatch it if you ever see it.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Obsessed with lip tint corals, any more recommendations? What are your favs?

So all lip products have two things in them: an eluent, and an oil.  The eluent is a wax: either beeswax, silicone, or paraffin.  Opt for beeswax.  The other two are drying.  For the oil, look for jojoba oil, vitamin e oil, or castor oil.  some will try to do silicone oil instead and that's drying.  I don't really have any color reccomendations for you, but I would say be wary of liquid lipsticks-they tend to be extremely drying.  A nude butter lipstick with a colored lipgloss is the way to go, personally.  I've tried everything from NARS to Nyx in the lipgloss department because I'm a huge fan of corals and I never have complaints with lipglosses.  I will say butter lipsticks are so hydrating they go on too thin sometimes.

Hi @dreamscaper96 thanks so much for your tips! Those are so helpful to know, I'm not well versed in all the types of balms and tints yet. I have experience using Korean lip tints from The FaceShop and Benefit. But I didn't try different products enough to educate myself on all the different types of moisture levels! Thanks so much! 
"nude butter lipstick with a colored lipgloss is the way to go, personally."
GIRL I WILL TRY THIS! Thank you so much!!

I just received my Becca, Dragonfruit color lip stain. I LOVE IT. It sounds like the consistency that you describe with the "nude butter lipstick with a colored lipgloss". Please try this 🙂 

Thanks! 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos2
  • image.jpg
testing