Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Lip Lovers

Nude Lipstick!

So I'm wearing a little black dress with gold accessories and I wanted to do a bronze eye with nude lips. My inspiration was this picture of kendall jenner, but i'm not sure what brand or color lipstick it is. Or should I do a smokey eye with a different lip color for my black dress?Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 12.44.32 AM.png

Re: Nude Lipstick!

Her lip in the picture looks like a peachy-nude.. in the Maybelline The Buffs collection there is Stormy Sahara which might lean a bit too orange/peach if you are lighter in skin-tone. MAC's Myth can tone any lipstick down if you have that. I am an NC42 and that lipstick (the Maybelline one) would work for this look. There's also MAC's Freckletone or Peachstock which are both peachy shades. So you are basically looking for a peachy-nude and not a pinky-nude if you want the above look =)

You could even do a nude smokey eye (smoke out the look with a brown perhaps) and do a bold lip like a burgundy/bordeaux lip or a classic red. Anything goes with black which is cool. Just depends what look you are trying to acheive. If you want a flirty/girly/pretty/I-didn't-try look (lol) then I would go with the look you want to achieve- Kendall Jenner's.

Milani Nude Creme is a pinky-nude. I always like a pinky-nude with a nice, dark smokey eye.

Here's a random swatch pic for ya:

lipstick.png

The look above is nice. Go for it!!! 

Re: Nude Lipstick!

I personally, just personally, think black dress goes better with slightly understated eye makeup + slightly brighter than nude lip makeup (not necessarily bright red or pink, but soft pink (or pink-nude), coral, etc.). I think nude lip makeup goes best with white dresses 0.0

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 12.44.32 AM.png
  • lipstick.png