cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|
Anonymous Insider

Nude Lip for a Pale Girl?

I'm blonde, blue eyes, and really fair skin. My lips have this kind of natural pink tone to them, and whenever I try to find a nude lip I either end up with a lip that's way too pale and ends up looking weird, or a lip that's way too brown toned and looks wrong on me. I've tried pinks, but then they look waaaay too pink on me and I start getting barbie vibes. Does anyone know a good lip stain color that might work for me? I'll try to attach a picture to help show you my normal lips. Photo on 7-13-17 at 5.58 PM #2.jpg

RE: Nude Lip for a Pale Girl?

Kat Von D or Urban Decay work on nearly every skin tone.

Re: Nude Lip for a Pale Girl?

@Anonymous

NARS velvet lip glide has a couple of colours that I think might meet your criteria. Stripped (beige pink) and Unlaced (nude pink). I also think Playpen  ( not really a nude but a pretty pink coral)

The formula is a mix between a lip stain, gloss and lipstick.

http://www.sephora.com/velvet-lip-glide-P412131

Image result for nars stripped

Also, Rikugien is a really easy colour and formula to wear, from their Satin Lip Pencil line.

http://www.sephora.com/satin-lip-pencil-P378859

Urban Decay also has a pretty good nude that is not brown at all, maybe a tinge too pink, in Liar

http://www.sephora.com/vice-lipstick-P409523

And if you're not averse to drugstore brands, Maybelline has a nice nude pink called Pink Me Up.

Good luck with your search.

I've also got fair skin, my absolute favorite nude pink color is UD Sheer Liar.

@Kay522 I saw that in the store today.  I'm planning on trying it - I was just too distracted by trying on so many other lippies!

I found another one that I like: Lipstick Queen in "The Truth."

@Anonymous I looked into the other nude pink lip by UD for you - it's called "Naked" and is "Wendie's Pick."

Naked is great nude for us fair girls! It only has the slightest bit of pink, but it's enough to make sure we look alive, but it's still fairly brown based, making it an actual nude, and not just another pretty pink lipstick.

@lilleexoxo @Anonymous Speaking of drugstore brands, the only nude lip that has worked for me so far has been No. 7 in "Honey."

I just received a sample of Bareminerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipstick in the color swag in my Sephora Play bag and its the perfect "my lips but better" nude and I'm pale with blue eyes like you. I'd recommend giving it a try!

I agree with @vront, Swag is a great color for pale skin....

I agree with @vront, Swag is a great color for pale skin. It's one of my go to colors.

@Anonymous I'm struggling with the nude lip, too...I bought UD in Morning After and liked it; I also bought another color from then that I can't recall.  I'm considering going to the Clinique counter b/c I think they might have some good ones...Good luck!

I'm also pale, and I would totally recommend the Amouse Bouche Lipstick in Fig, by BITE. You can pick up a mini in store for $15, or you can splurge on the full size for 26 dollars. 

WillowWisp wrote:

I'm blonde, blue eyes, and really fair skin. My lips have this kind of natural pink tone to them, and whenever I try to find a nude lip I either end up with a lip that's way too pale and ends up looking weird, or a lip that's way too brown toned and looks wrong on me. I've tried pinks, but then they look waaaay too pink on me and I start getting barbie vibes. Does anyone know a good lip stain color that might work for me? I'll try to attach a picture to help show you my normal lips. Photo on 7-13-17 at 5.58 PM #2.jpg

Anonymous Insider

I'll definitely look for this- bite makes some killer lip products 🙂 thank you

Have you tried NARS Dolce Vita, @Anonymous? It's like the most beautiful red based nude imo. I personally love it because it doesn't wash me out. Here's a photo of someone wearing it: 

Spoiler
IMG_0329

(source: killercolours)

Anonymous Insider

I haven't tried that yet- I'll need to! Thank you 🙂

One last thought: YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #9 is a decent nude for fair skin, even if I am not the biggest fan of the scent/formula of those. Also, Tom Ford has a ton of nudes, though they are on the pricy side.

Anonymous Insider

I want a color that looks natural and compliments my natural lip color. I've been eyeing the YSL stains I may have to take the plunge on them! I have a bunch of vibrant shades but sometimes I just want something to wear casually but nothing I have does the trick. Thank you for your suggestions!!!!

For a more brown/beige/muted look you could also do: MAC Velvet Teddy, Hourglass Influencer or Futurist. HTH!

How nude do you want to go? I am fair but dark haired, and I also have naturally dark lips. A color I like a lot is Hevyn by Surratt, which is sort of a plush nude rose on me. It is paler than my natural lip color but not dramatically so, so it's daytime appropriate and doesn't wash me out. Surratt in general has a lot of nice nudes for fair skin (Paramour and Gamine are some of the peach based ones if you want to go that route instead of pinks). I'm not sure about stains-- you could check out Nars Bound? That's kind of in the nude rose ballpark though not exactly a stain. I know YSL does some stains though I don't know the colors off the top of my head.

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you checked out Bobbi Brown's Lipsticks. They have a brown undertone but are meant to look natural when worn on the lips. The majority of the shades in this collection I would describe as nudes. 

I also suggest checking Nudestix out. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
  • Photo on 7-13-17 at 5.58 PM #2.jpg
testing