cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|
Anonymous Insider

New to makeup

I am new to using makeup and looking for a lipstick that will stay on all day. I tried a 24 hour maybelline lipstick but after a short amount of time it looked clumpy and was fading quick.

RE: New to makeup

I’ve worn some color pop Lippies recently that I can’t stop raving about for the $5 I paid they were so worth it. I also like stila stay all day and nars powermatte!!

Re: New to makeup

go for a liquid lippie! brands: bh cosmetics, kat von d, too faced, e.l.f. cosmetics

If you want lipstick to stay all day I highly suggest a liquid lip! My favorite liquid lip brands are Too Faced, Pretty Vulgar, and Kat Von D none of their lip formulas have yet to let me down!

New to makeup

Drugstore wise, the CoverGirl 24 hr liquid lipsticks work the BEST! Honestly, they usually perform better than high end ones. Urban Decay Vice liquid lipsticks is my favorite from Sephora. While UD wears away more gracefully than CG, it is not transferproof after you eat, whereas CG actually is!

RE: New to makeup

The closest lipstick I how that comes close to all day wear is Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lip. For a light peach/nude I use Dolce and every time I wear it I get complimented on how it seemingly never moves. With the majority of these colors, they rarely have to be touched up and don’t transfer onto other things (coffee cups, food). Some of thedarker, bolder colors can require more frequent touch ups but it’s never excessive. The common complaint with liquid lipsticks is that they dry out the lips but I don’t find that to be common with most of these. If you wear multiple bold color lipsticks several days in a row, you’ll just have to take care of your lips a little more (scrubs, lip balms). I highly recommend the brands liquid lipsticks. They’re my go-to daily lip product (I own 22 of the colors).

too faced melted matte lippies are really good too. They aren't too drying, feel really good when you put it on. As for it lasting all day, they do last for a while but realistically you'll have to reapply

You will probably want a liquid lipstick, but all day is kind of unrealistic expectations, especially if you have long days. I would recommend the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks, they last along time, but like any long-lasting lipstick get really drying. You can use a lipliner underneath to make it last even longer too. Just exfoliate and moisturize your lips appropriately beforehand. A lot of other liquid lipsticks I've noticed dry very unflattering and settle into liplines, or flake and get patchy after a few hours. But the Kat Von D is very well rounded.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing